Votes
Tuan Huynh
  • North Hills, CA
Votes |
Review: The Strategic Tax Savings Program 2022. Amanda Han

Tuan Huynh
  • North Hills, CA
Posted Mar 4 2022, 19:26

This is my honest review of the Strategic Tax Savings Program 2022 by Amanda Han and Matt Macfarland

This review is coming from a beginning investor with 1 rental property. The information I learned from this program was critically important and helpful, especially to investors with many rental properties. I am not paid or endorsed by Matt Macfarland and Amanda Han in any ways. I simply want to add value to the BP community by providing an in depth review to help inform your decision making. Before I signed up for the class, I did extensive research and didn’t find any review that would help persuade my decision. I took a chance and invested in the course and learned so much that I wanted to share with you all. Hopefully you can invest in your personal education and increase your capacity to build long term wealth. Personally, I am so glad I took the course!

I am an investor from Los Angeles California. We just celebrated our Los Angeles Rams Super Bowl Championship!! It was an exciting game to say the least. The game was a nail biter until the very end of the 4th quarter. Although Mathew Stafford threw the winning touchdown that ultimately won the game, that wasn’t the full story of how the RAMS became world champion. The RAMS won the Super Bowl because of it’s powerful line of defense. Players like Aaron Donal, Von Miller, and Leonard Floyd were instrumental in keeping the home front safe, which enabled the offensive team to advance toward victory. Essentially, the defense line was the main foundation that created an effective line of offense. It’s a fundamental structure of any great sports team.

The Rams’ line of defense is like Tax planning and strategies for your real estate business. It is the foundation that enables you to keep more of your earning from Uncle Sam and apply toward growing your business. What I learned from the program was secrets that only the rich and wealthy know: I was shocked, and glad, that the THE IRS TAX CODE FAVORS REAL ESTATE INVESTOR! Matt and Amanda’s course will teach you these strategies and grant you the key to unlock industry secrets to increase your wealth. Having a CPA doesn’t necessarily means they are capable and certified to handle Real Estate Tax. So many investors make the mistake of solely relying on their CPA to take care of all their tax related tasks. There are so many real estate laws and secrets that regular CPA do not know about. Amanda and Matt have extensive experience in Real Estate Tax and the information will benefit real estate investors like us. Make sure to educate yourself take charge and create of your line line of defense against taxation. Robert Kiyosaki said it clear and simple, “ It’s not how much you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for.”

Are you ready? Let’s get into it!

The Strategic Tax Savings Program is a playbook that helps you save money on taxes so you can generate more wealth for your real estate business. Matt and Amanda serve as your personal coaches. They will guide you on how to plan and implement tax strategies that significantly reduces your taxable income through deductions, appreciation, depreciation. Another word, you will get to keep more of your money. This dynamic dual are world renounced CPA’s specialized in real estate taxes. They have been featured on many podcasts and magazines because of their extensive knowledge. Yes, I was a little intimidated knowing that they would be my instructors. They turned about to be an amazing team. Amanda is such a kind spirit person with tremendous wealth of knowledge. Matt on the other hand is funny and witty. He made the late night learning more enjoyable. We had weekly live Q&A sessions with them and they were so comprehensive with answering all of our questions. The 1 hour weekly meeting rarely ended at the 1 hour mark. Participants were so hungry for knowledge and Matt and Amanda kept feeding our hunger for learning. What I found valuable about the sessions were the questions from participants and their personal investment portfolio. We were watching live tax consultation by two world class real estate tax experts. Just like you and I, Amanda and Matt are also investors themselves. They truly practice what they preach. The strategies that they provide are the ones Matt and Amanda also use in their rental business. These strategies are legal, yes it was too good to be true, ways to save A LOT of money in taxes from you W2 jobs and real estate rental business.

How does the program work? Very clear, simple, and convenient.

The program consists of 6 modules, which are highlighted through short mini video lessons. The videos are prerecorded, which means it could be watched at any time during the day. I am a full time dad with 2 kids and from 9 pm - 11 pm is the only time I have to do the lessons. What I found really helpful were the forms and documents that supplemented the video lessons. These are forms in Excel format that help to organize my business through deduction and keeping track of expenses. Remember the playbook that I mentioned earlier? You literally get pages and pages of play by play guided forms that will automize your real estate rental book keeping. You also get resources and recommended websites and apps that make day to day tasks more streamline. Additionally, you will also get signed copies their Tax Strategies Book, which I highly recommend reading to go along with the course. Most importantly, you will get to participate in live weekly Q&A session with Matt and Amanda. I want to emphasize that these live meeting are not just generic information that be obtained through simple Google Searches. Amanda and Matt were answering questions that were relevant to participants’ personal tax and financial situations. It felt like I was watching play by play action on people’s personal finance. Some participant have claimed that they learned the most during these lives meeting. In summary, the Strategic Tax Planning Course was simple yet comprehensive, engaging and interactive, and most importantly, it provided a wealth of information that will propel your real estate business to success.

Is is worth it?

It is priceless!

The program contains 6 modules. The 1st module alone provided strategies that saves up to $10,000 on my taxes for the year 2022. The cost of the program was $2500, which is 1/4 of the already 10K I have saved. That is a 25% ROI alone in the 1st module. The programs goes beyond how much money you can make or save. The module on the tax structure and asset protection from LLC was extremely important to me. I acquired the knowledge and peace of mind learning about strategies involving LLC and other legal entities. I have attended numerous seminars on real estate and this one stands out as one of the most essential components of my wealthy building education. THANK YOU AMANDA HAN AND MATT MACFARLAND for such a wonderful course.

In conclusion… take this course!

Benjamin Franklin: “An investment in education gives the best returns.” Enough said…

If I could be of any service to you, please feel free to reach out to me.

User Stats

Votes
Amanda Han
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • Fullerton, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • Fullerton, CA
Replied Mar 5 2022, 06:37

Wow Tuan....what can I say after this review? You are so awesome and we are so thankful that you took the time to provide such a detailed feedback on your experience in the program! You brought such amazing energy and contribution to our weekly discussions and we so appreciate the improvement suggestions you made for our program to provide greater investor connections. I know that our entire group of investor clients loved and benefited from your suggestions. Your post brought up several benefits you experienced that we didn't even know were valuable to participants. So thank you for sharing those and we are excited to continue to expand the program and focus on those added benefits. Most of all, Matt and I are so happy that you were able to get such tremendous value out of our time together and are so excited to be part of your journey as you build your real estate empire!

User Stats

Votes
Will Barnard
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
ModeratorReplied Mar 5 2022, 11:16

I have known Amanda for many years now, though we have not seen each other ibn quite some time. Damn that Covid!

Happy to hear your experience was so well worth it. I have referred many people to Amanda and it is nice to hear such great feedback from someone else.

Keep up the good fight! As it is often said, it is not about how much money you make, but how much money you can keep!

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Terrell Garren
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Concord, NC
Votes |
  • Concord, NC
Replied Mar 5 2022, 11:48

@Tuan Huynh

Interesting that a $2,500 course saved you $10K with just one rental property.  Could you share a couple examples of significant line items for us skeptics?  I'm just curious what $2,500 buys beyond the free advice threads written by experts here on BP.  

User Stats

Votes
Tuan Huynh
  • North Hills, CA
Votes |
  • North Hills, CA
Replied Mar 5 2022, 12:04

@Terrell Garren

Hi Terrell,

Thank you for reading my post.  One of the items that I am able to deduct this year is the depreciation from my rental property. The cost of my rental unit is 263,000 and I am able to  depreciate it over a span of 27.5 years, which is approximately $9,563.63 a year.  There are also bonus depreciation from from Furniture, landscaping, or appliances that can also be applicable.  Home office space, vehicle, seminars pertaining to real estate rental business (so far I have spent $3200 this year), and even business trips.  There are techniques to turbo charge your depreciation through cost segregation as well.  I hope this helps.

User Stats

Votes
Tuan Huynh
  • North Hills, CA
Votes |
  • North Hills, CA
Replied Mar 5 2022, 12:06

Thank you @Will Barnard for your reply.

User Stats

Votes
Terrell Garren
  • Concord, NC
Votes |
  • Concord, NC
Replied Mar 5 2022, 12:11
Quote from @Tuan Huynh:

@Terrell Garren

Hi Terrell,

Thank you for reading my post.  One of the items that I am able to deduct this year is the depreciation from my rental property. The cost of my rental unit is 263,000 and I am able to  depreciate it over a span of 27.5 years, which is approximately $9,563.63 a year.  There are also bonus depreciation from from Furniture, landscaping, or appliances that can also be applicable.  Home office space, vehicle, seminars pertaining to real estate rental business (so far I have spent $3200 this year), and even business trips.  There are techniques to turbo charge your depreciation through cost segregation as well.  I hope this helps.

Thank you Tuan.  Those are significant items.  However, they are covered in pretty much every thread regarding tax advice on BP.  I guess what I am looking for is the value add from a $2,500 spend. 

User Stats

Votes
Tuan Huynh
  • North Hills, CA
Votes |
  • North Hills, CA
Replied Mar 5 2022, 12:39

@Terrell Garren

I am a newbie at this so I m sorry if I don’t offer a more comprehensive answer. In my personal opinion, I really value the knowledge I learned from the course. Reading Matt and Amanda’s book and able to engage with them in live weekly conversation was also a feature that I found helpful as well. Again, this is just based on my personal experience as a new investor.  I also really appreciate your input.  

User Stats

Votes
Amanda Han
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • Fullerton, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • Fullerton, CA
Replied Apr 21 2022, 14:40
Quote from @Will Barnard:

I have known Amanda for many years now, though we have not seen each other ibn quite some time. Damn that Covid!

Happy to hear your experience was so well worth it. I have referred many people to Amanda and it is nice to hear such great feedback from someone else.

Keep up the good fight! As it is often said, it is not about how much money you make, but how much money you can keep!

Thanks Will!

User Stats

Votes
Amanda Han
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • Fullerton, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • Fullerton, CA
Replied Apr 21 2022, 14:44
Quote from @Terrell Garren:
Quote from @Tuan Huynh:

@Terrell Garren

Hi Terrell,

Thank you Tuan.  Those are significant items.  However, they are covered in pretty much every thread regarding tax advice on BP.  I guess what I am looking for is the value add from a $2,500 spend. 

Thanks for your questions Terrell! Yes some of the concepts are things that you can learn about online and there are lots of wonderful CPAs right here on BP who share the strategies. Our program is more focuses on how to implement these and other strategies correctly since not all investors "should" do accelerated depreciation or have the same type of legal entity. If your tax advisor is already proactive in helping you create and implement a tax savings plan, you likely would not need to participate in something like our program.