Jonathan Abrado
Pro Member
Votes |
Pace Morby Gator Method Course Review

Jonathan Abrado
Pro Member
Posted Dec 10 2022, 11:57

Hi BP community,

I recently saw a Pace Morby ad for something he calls the gator method. I wanted to see if anyone here has joined his mentorship program or for this specific course, and receive some honest feedback. Google is weird sometimes. 

Appreciate y'all!

-Jon

User Stats

Votes
Reid Ferguson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Denver, CO
Replied Dec 29 2022, 10:14

@Jonathan Abrado

the course content is pretty thorough and there are lots of side videos that have started up to support info in the main videos. The community is great as well!

I find the toughest part to be finding your own deals. If you’re heavily involved in the wholesaling world, this may be easy. If not, it’s likely going to be difficult. Hope that helps! Reach out if you’d like to discuss further.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 30 2022, 06:56

Hi Jon, 

Curious on the post you had about the gator method. Have you learned more about it or any success since the post. Any deals done? Thanks 

-Leon

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Abrado
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 2 2023, 20:05
Quote from @Reid Ferguson:

@Jonathan Abrado

the course content is pretty thorough and there are lots of side videos that have started up to support info in the main videos. The community is great as well!

I find the toughest part to be finding your own deals. If you’re heavily involved in the wholesaling world, this may be easy. If not, it’s likely going to be difficult. Hope that helps! Reach out if you’d like to discuss further.

Happy New Year Reid! Interesting so the gator method is a more complex form of whole saling basically, is that correct? Is this something that you personally implemented and found potential success in? Thanks!

-Jon

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Abrado
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 2 2023, 20:06
Quote from @Leon Nissley:

Hi Jon, 

Curious on the post you had about the gator method. Have you learned more about it or any success since the post. Any deals done? Thanks 

-Leon

nothing yet! Also, i'm not enrolled in the course or practicing the method (yet). 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 16 2023, 17:51

I joined the gator tribe last week, I'm very impressed by Pace and the course. He makes sure you have every resource possible. You have a community of people to support you and help you every step of the way. I give the course 5 stars! P.s. Gator method is about partnering (usually with wholesalers) and bringing the Ernest money. (Pace has YouTube videos about it)

User Stats

Votes
Reid Ferguson
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Denver, CO
Replied Jan 17 2023, 11:43

@Jonathan Abrado

The 'Gator Method' is about partnering with a wholesaler that needs help covering the earnest money deposit (EMD) required by the seller. (note: some sellers don't require this). As a funder, I can provide an EMD of E dollars with a compensation of C dollars. When the wholesaler assigns the contract to an end buyer for and assignment fee of A dollars, the wholesaler receives a payout of A-C, and I receive a payout of C and return of E because the end buyer must provide their own EMD that is equal to or larger than my EMD, E. Hope that helps!

A lot of people tend to comment on these conversations like "why would you ever need help funding? Never give someone else and EMD! etc." But I've seen experienced wholesalers who have all their funds out in other deals use a gator funder to make more deals happen without any of their own money. It's the idea of better to make 50, 75, 80% of a deal rather than 0% because you can't fund it yourself or don't have an end buyer already lined up to cover EMD.

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Bartlett
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Denver, CO
Replied Jan 21 2023, 10:34

@Jonathan Abrado

Is there any guidance on seeking out wholesalers in the training? I was thinking about joining but pretty much no no one as I am new to wholesaling 😀 

User Stats

Votes
Adam Soyak
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Mokena, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Mokena, IL
Replied Jan 21 2023, 20:51
Quote from @Ryan Bartlett:

@Jonathan Abrado

Is there any guidance on seeking out wholesalers in the training? I was thinking about joining but pretty much no no one as I am new to wholesaling 😀 

I was wondering the same thing.  I would think building relationships with wholesalers is key!

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Stephens
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
  • Brooklyn, NY
Replied Jan 27 2023, 12:46

It sounds interesting but my concern is that this would be an unsecured loan to someone who may not be in a good financial position. I assume that if the wholesale deal falls through the earnest money is lost and the "Gator" lender would have to seek the money from the wholesaler who did not have the funding to begin with.

Am I misunderstanding?

User Stats

Votes
Gil Erez
Votes |

Have you made any money yet? How long did it take you to make money?

User Stats

Votes
Brittany Barbosa
  • Investor
  • Ohio and North Florida
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Ohio and North Florida
Replied Jan 29 2023, 10:15
Quote from @Violet Cobb:

I joined the gator tribe last week, I'm very impressed by Pace and the course. He makes sure you have every resource possible. You have a community of people to support you and help you every step of the way. I give the course 5 stars! P.s. Gator method is about partnering (usually with wholesalers) and bringing the Ernest money. (Pace has YouTube videos about it)

What is the cost of the program?? Is this the same as sqaudding up?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 29 2023, 14:19

I would recommend you watch his content on YouTube, there's a gator playlist and he'll explain everything. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to disclose the price, but I will say it's an investment to your future and provides so much value way beyond the amount you pay. It's education, resources, ability to talk to Pace and his team in zooms, as well as put you in a community of like minded people, also the amount of opportunity within the community is endless. 

Squadding up is a term that means partner, and yes gator method is a partnership. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
John Bergquist
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Feb 3 2023, 09:22

@Jonathan Abrado

Hi Reid, I'd love to connect on Pace's Gator course. I have several rentals and am looking at joining Pace's tribe. Are you able to connect with wholesalers and lend EMD as advertised or is it proving more difficult? I'd like to fund larger amounts like double closings. Does he not cover that yet?

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Feb 8 2023, 10:01

It is overpriced. There is much better out there. Just saying! 

User Stats

Votes
John Bergquist
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Feb 8 2023, 15:48
Quote from @Nate Marshall:

Do you have alternatives @Nate Marshall?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 8 2023, 21:14
Quote from @Violet Cobb:

Hi, did you have to get any credentials to start lending?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 9 2023, 10:50

Hi Brandon,

No you do not get any credentials. With Gator you are not technically lending you are joint venturing (partnering) on real estate transactions and bringing the earnest money. 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Feb 9 2023, 13:33
Quote from @John Bergquist:
Quote from @Nate Marshall:

Yes. 1,341 lenders. 8,000 plus family office and fund manager contacts plus a download center. 

Do you have alternatives @Nate Marshall?

User Stats

Votes
Gil Erez
Votes |

I am intrigued by the Gator method opportunity. Before spending $3000 I wanna make sure that it is not hype or exaggerated claims. 
how long does it typically take to make your first gator deal after joining the program? How frequently does one typically make deals after the first deal? I understand that the investment or time and energy is required and correlates with success rate. But what is typical for someone who is committed? 
is it worth $3000?

User Stats

Votes
Gil Erez
Votes |

How many deals have you made so far? How much money in how much time?

User Stats

Votes
Gil Erez
Votes |
Quote from @Violet Cobb:

Have you made any deals yet?

User Stats

Votes
Don Konipol
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • The Woodlands, TX
Replied Feb 9 2023, 13:58

Everything is good, wonderful, well worth the money, an investment in your future, member of a tribe, the networking alone is worth the money, yada, yada, yada.  Until the posting “booster” is asked how many deals he’s closed from all this mentoring.  That’s when it becomes dead silence.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 9 2023, 14:06
Quote from @Violet Cobb:

Hi Brandon,

No you do not get any credentials. With Gator you are not technically lending you are joint venturing (partnering) on real estate transactions and bringing the earnest money. 

Thank you so much. If I wanted to try and get some money so that I can join the program, would I just need the wholesale and jv agreement?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 10 2023, 07:26

Gil Erez, it is more than worth the money. First of all, I was told I can count the money I spent on the course as startup costs for my business and deduct that from my taxes and PCS told me start up previsions are 100% deductible. The course is much more than just let me teach you how to do this and then go do it, it is a process, and I am in the process of building my corporate credit currently, I could go ahead and start now but I want to wait. But there are several people that jump right in and get in deals before they have money, that's another part of the gator method, and he talks about that on some of the youtube videos as well. I have learned so much from Pace that if I put into action I will make wayyyyy more money than I invested. No kidding just this morning I was listening to a zoom and learned of 2 business opportunities with details from Pace that have nothing to do with real estate. Pace is the best mentor I can even imagine possible. When you invest with gator you become part of a community of people that are like minded, doing deals and have answers to any questions that come up along the way. Though I have not started any deals yet, I have confidence I have never had before to do real estate transactions because I know if I get in a situation that I need help I have people that I can ask directly and work with directly to help me through unusual situations. I have access to talk to Pace directly. If you are an action taker you are bound to succeed, if you pay the money and do not follow the course and use the resources Pace provides and do not ever take action obviously you will not succeed. There are a lot of people in the community making a lot of money. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 10 2023, 07:30

Brandon, I am not sure I understand your question, but with the course Pace gives you the contracts, as well as much more content, live zooms usually multiple times per week, discord channel, private facebook group...ect.