Skip to content
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews

User Stats

Votes
Cory Kohut
  • Investor
  • Berwyn, IL
Votes |
My experiene with Brian Gibbons and his REI Skills coaching program.

Cory Kohut
  • Investor
  • Berwyn, IL
Posted Jan 10 2014, 22:32

First:I was a student of Brians for about 30 days before quitting the program.There were a few reasons I quit but one of the main reasons was I no longer had any trust in Brian Gibbons and the things he said he was going to do.It is hard to work with someone when there is no trust that they will follow through with anything they say.The following is a description of some of the issues I had during our brief, but expensive, time together.As I said, during the first 30 days Brian did not follow through with almost anything he said he would.

1.During our first call he told me he had some marketing material for Landlords that he would send me.30 days later and repeatedly asking him when I would get the document(s), they were never delivered.Meanwhile I was out trying to talk with landlords with none of the materials my coach suggested I should use.Kind of makes it hard to feel confident you can close a deal when your coach fails to provide you with the materials he promises.

2.Video Lesson:I feel this was probably what eroded my confidence in his program the most.Brian said that he would record all of our sessions and upload the videos so that I could review them in the future. During our calls I would not write homework assignments down because I believed that the material would be available for me to review.After he posted the first video he never did it again.We had 5-6 more coaching sessions and he failed to upload a single video of our sessions.I repeatedly asked him when he would do that and he always said he would get it done after our calls.He NEVER got a single other video uploaded.Once again, I went out marketing but did not have the luxury of going over our role plays because my coach did not put them up for me to review.Once again, I repeatedly asked him to please upload the videos, but he just kept saying he would do it, but never did.

3.E-book for tenant buyers:Just like the landlord marketing material Brian claimed he would send me a free e-book I should use on my website to attract tenant buyers.He never sent it after repeated requests during our calls and via e-mail.

4.Squeeze Page: Brian said he would have a squeeze page set up for my by Fri. Jan. 3rd.He suggested I create marketing cards for tenant buyers so they could be driven to this squeeze page.I went out on Saturday Jan. 4th to market but luckily did not waste time putting index cards withmy squeeze page address on it because HE NEVER got my squeeze page up and running as he promised.

5.Lease Option Contracts: While Brian did get this material to me, it took days, and days for him to deliver it.

The above is just a documentation of my experience with Brian Gibbons over a 30 day period.Yes, I quite his program.As I mentioned, it was hard to have any confidence working with a coach that failed to deliver the simple documentation necessary to feel confident about what I was doing.

Loading replies...