• San Antonio, TX
Votes |
SuCasa-USA Marilyn Pinto Wholesale Training

Chavel Diaz Jr
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted Feb 6 2014, 18:50

Hi All,

I got a solicitation to attend a 4 day, 1 1/2 hr per day Wholesale Seminar in Houston, TX from SuCasa-USA, Marilyn Pinto.

Anyone have any feedback on this training/business/guru?

User Stats

Votes
Chris Bounds
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sugar Land, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sugar Land, TX
Replied Feb 6 2014, 19:20

I have no experience with their training but their company is a sizable wholesaling/investing outfit in Houston. I've spoken with Marilyn and her husband a few times before. They've given me a good impression so far.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Bounds
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sugar Land, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sugar Land, TX
Replied Feb 6 2014, 19:26

My advice would be to proceed with caution and get referrals. There could be value but I know Houston is full of free or low cost networking / training events too.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Chavel Diaz Jr
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Feb 6 2014, 20:03

Thanks Chris....

User Stats

Votes
Renee Stewart
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Houston, TX
Replied Feb 7 2014, 08:09

@Chavel Diaz Jr I attended Marilyn Pinto's 4 week wholesaling classes last month. She knows her stuff and the training provides the nuts and bolts of wholesaling. This training is great for beginners. I think its worth the nominal fee she charges.

User Stats

Votes
Chavel Diaz Jr
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Feb 7 2014, 08:34

Thanks Renee...Appreciate it...

User Stats

Votes
Michael Rogers
  • Investor
  • Humble, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Humble, TX
Replied Jul 31 2016, 16:26

I am Mike Rogers from Houston, Texas. I have no experience with this organization but am wondering if anyone has had a more recent experience with them (Su Casa University) and their wholesaling class. I received an email about the program. Thank you for any information you can provide.

User Stats

Votes
Dan Johnson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Hot Springs, AR
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Hot Springs, AR
Replied Feb 16 2021, 08:26
Don't do it. I signed up for her wholesaling class a few years back when I lived in Houston where she is based out of. After a few days I realized it wasn't for me...I didn't care for her tactics and her aggressive 'me-first' attitude. This is not somebody I want to do business with. Plus I decided to move out of state. I asked her for a pro-rated refund and she refused. She has no ethics- just greed.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 27 2023, 10:31

I wish I would have read this warning sooner. Dan Johnson is spot on, Su Casa (Marilyn Phipps) is full of greed. Her training sessions are great but honestly you can get the same information free here on BP. I overpaid for training I received. When talking to her about her boot camp training which was only $897 she kept insisting that I take her training that was $10k. I messed up and signed an agreement to take the $10k training and paid her $2500 to get started. I only received the boot camp training and not the one on one's she had promised. When I called to ask for the money I overpaid she told me it was my fault that I paid her that and she was not giving me the additional money back. She will call you back to back when she is trying to get money from you but once you pay her you wont hear from her, especially if your trying to get money back or a refund.