Massachusetts Investors - NAREI Event Thursday May 1, 2014 in Waltham - Who's going

3 Replies

I'm curious to know if anybody is going to this NAREI in Waltham, MA. It's a free event all about wholesaling, flipping, etc...

I'm planning on going with an open mind to hear what they have to say.

Rob, I suspect you'll find a sales pitch at the end of each speaker segment. It is unlikely to be all about wholesaling, flipping, etc. It is more likely to be all about selling the dream. By all means go. You'll meet lots of people and sometimes there are some attendees actually doing deals, who are there to network with new investors, hoping they will bring them deals.

I'd be interested in your posting your impressions after the event.

I've never been to events like this for the reasons you discuss @Ann Bellamy but at a real estate continuing ed class I was taking the instructor was talking about these events and said basically that she goes to and recommends investors go to these free events. Basically you never know what you might learn or who you might meet. We shall see and will post my thoughts on the event.

@Rob Beland Sounds interesting, where's the link or info?

Actually everywhere you go, everyone is Selling a Product, a Service or Themselves. I'd be naive to think they're not, even at the "free" ones. It's up to us to see what we need at this particular time and do some "business", maybe even Selling ourselves to them and moving ahead!

PS Just don't make it a full time job going to all the Real Estate meetings in Massachusetts;-)

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.