• Real Estate Investor
  • Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Votes |
What do you think of Robert Kiyosaki?

John M.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:48

Everyone has an opinion. I've been talking to a couple friends who think he is God Almighty. They wish for one day to meet him. Being the skeptic that I am, I attended one of these seminars ran by one of his speakers, and it was very infomercial-like showing uplifting stories and large sum checks that people loved. Seems obviously fake to me. I have read the first 5 chapters of "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" and honestly, it's nothing really special if you already have the mindset that you don't want to work for somebody else. I have to admit, Robert seems like one of the best mass marketers in the business. Anyways, I feel like I should tell these friends of mine how I feel.

Might I add, these 2 friends of mine are beginners (Ages 21 and 22) like I am and I don't want them heading the wrong direction thinking this stuff is easy. The other day my friend said he'd make $2000 cash flow within the next year. Is this even possible for a beginner who doesn't really know the business? Highly unlikely. I just say, " it's possible! but how are you going to do it?" ... he then says, "well, I buy this house... and sell it... and ... well i'll see what I can do". I'm not saying Robert's teachings are bad or anything, but maybe it can mislead some people who need "real" mentoring.

Loading replies...