Skip to content
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews

User Stats

Votes
Mary lou L.
  • Investor
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Votes |
Going to attend the SuccessPath Seminar with Flip or Flop's Tarek and Christina El Moussa Has anyone ever been?

Mary lou L.
  • Investor
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Posted May 18 2015, 15:08

This will be my first seminar about real estate. I've watched their show, and am hoping at least to get a chance to meet and network with others in  my area.

Has anyone attended this seminar? 

My boyfreind and I are going on Saturday, we are supposed to get a free mp3 player, a cd with "50 ways to find your next flip" (I know I've seen at least that many times on BP!!  lol) and an entry to win an Ipad.

I will post back after Saturday.

User Stats

Votes
Keith Martin
  • Vinton, VA
Votes |
  • Vinton, VA
Replied Oct 31 2016, 12:38

First let me say this. I went to the seminar nearly a month ago. Before I did I read all the feed back that's in this thread. I was pissed to learn that I wasted my money. LET ME TELL YA. What I learned in the class is nothing like I read here. Once I realized that feed back is simply that and to take it with a grain of salt I realized everyone's experience isn't going to be the same. Maybe some people just don't get it...I don't know.  What I got was a wealth of learning that I took home each night and studied like they told us to do. On Sunday they did hit us up for more money to get the higher lever of education. NOW WITH THAT BEING SAID let me continue.......Since that time I have worked diligently full steam ahead. We purchased a condo in Myrtle Beach, a home in Va. and we just put 3 more bids on homes in Va. and 1 more in Myrtle Beach. FOLLOW the directions and study study study. You have to realize that NO ONE is going to take you to the finish line except yourself!!! Don't expect them to do it for you. Their job is to train you but some people are not trainable. THIS is why you have to put some skin ($$$$) in the game!! Who are they to judge you and say this is not for you?? The reason they charge is they have cost to bare and you could simply be a failure right off the bat! Good luck and don't make your decision off what you read here go experience it for yourself. Think hard, work hard. If you're not right for the job then don't do it but if you have the ability to learn, to be coached, work hard and have the TRUE desire to want more then you should at least check it out. If you are, then maybe we'll see each other at the finish line, if not then we'll leave it here. I hope the best for everyone! Remember this.... everyone want to find the pot of gold at the other end of the rainbow but sometimes you need to realize that you have to furnish the pot!

User Stats

Votes
Keith Martin
  • Vinton, VA
Votes |
  • Vinton, VA
Replied Oct 31 2016, 12:42
Originally posted by @Mary lou L.:

This will be my first seminar about real estate. I've watched their show, and am hoping at least to get a chance to meet and network with others in  my area.

Has anyone attended this seminar? 

My boyfreind and I are going on Saturday, we are supposed to get a free mp3 player, a cd with "50 ways to find your next flip" (I know I've seen at least that many times on BP!!  lol) and an entry to win an Ipad.

I will post back after Saturday.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Keith Martin
  • Vinton, VA
Votes |
  • Vinton, VA
Replied Oct 31 2016, 12:42

This post is unverified. Because this is your first post, it will not appear until a moderator verifies it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

First let me say this. I went to the seminar nearly a month ago. Before I did I read all the feed back that's in this thread. I was pissed to learn that I wasted my money. LET ME TELL YA. What I learned in the class is nothing like I read here. Once I realized that feed back is simply that and to take it with a grain of salt I realized everyone's experience isn't going to be the same. Maybe some people just don't get it...I don't know. What I got was a wealth of learning that I took home each night and studied like they told us to do. On Sunday they did hit us up for more money to get the higher lever of education. NOW WITH THAT BEING SAID let me continue.......Since that time I have worked diligently full steam ahead. We purchased a condo in Myrtle Beach, a home in Va. and we just put 3 more bids on homes in Va. and 1 more in Myrtle Beach. FOLLOW the directions and study study study. You have to realize that NO ONE is going to take you to the finish line except yourself!!! Don't expect them to do it for you. Their job is to train you but some people are not trainable. THIS is why you have to put some skin ($$$$) in the game!! Who are they to judge you and say this is not for you?? The reason they charge is they have cost to bare and you could simply be a failure right off the bat! Good luck and don't make your decision off what you read here go experience it for yourself. Think hard, work hard. If you're not right for the job then don't do it but if you have the ability to learn, to be coached, work hard and have the TRUE desire to want more then you should at least check it out. If you are, then maybe we'll see each other at the finish line, if not then we'll leave it here. I hope the best for everyone! Remember this.... everyone want to find the pot of gold at the other end of the rainbow but sometimes you need to realize that you have to furnish the pot!

User Stats

Votes
Mary lou L.
  • Investor
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Wichita Falls, TX
Replied Oct 31 2016, 12:59

Can you give us numbers on the home you purchased? Is it a flip? Rehab and rent? Move in ready?

I do have to admit your tone sounds like one of the presenters!

Its interesting you have posted this comment...

"Their job is to train you but some people are not trainable."

Having attended a few of these types of seminars, (Amway any one?) they would say things like this to get into your head, and you think "Of course I'm trainable!!" and give them whatever they ask for.

I personally would like more information on your successes, because that is what the bottom line is...Is this worth my while?

Of course everyone is different, one deal might be enough for some...others want to gather more!

Best of luck and hope to hear from you and possible contributions and encouragement on our house hunting journeys!

User Stats

Votes
Marsha MasonWonsley
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Catonsville, MD
Votes |
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Catonsville, MD
Replied Mar 26 2017, 12:09

Well, I recently attended the rally, got into the 3 day seminar which hasn't happened yet. ( next weekend) I would advise smart people to read here first, leave checkbook and cards. I now have no intention of shelling out another dime. I also will do as expect and will count on the guarantee if i doesn't work. The tax lien guarantee has a 15% restocking fee if anyone is interested.

not giving up yet. Will let you know how it goes.