Skip to content
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Cornstubble
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Sedan, KS
Votes |
Advise on following Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad company's way.

Andrew Cornstubble
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Sedan, KS
Posted Jul 20 2016, 12:53

I've been a somewhat active student of personal finance for about 10 years now.  Maybe 75 books?  Several I have highlighted and written notes and go through them from time to time.  I absolutely hate reading.  Always have.  So I push myself to at least read one every few months.  Have a subscription to Forbes to try and stay current.  Follow a few entrepreneurs on Snapchat including Tai Lopez.

I have read most of Robert and his advisors' books and taken about a $600 introductory class.  While it was more of a sales pitch and entertaining crash course on several subjects, I did recieve enough advise to raise my credit score and save more last year on interest and fees than the course cost.  I have also realised the power of credit and how to control myself and utilise multiple cards.  Credit score up from 450 to about 700 now.  

The problem I have are the haters out there.  I honeslty don't care if he claims the easter bunny gave him the advise or if he even follows it himself.  

I'm interested enough in his more expensive classes that we have revolved our lives around taking care of our bad debt and saving for these classes.

More than the lessons from said classes, I am interested in the software that they will provide you.  They boast a large network of buyers and sellers from various locations willing to work together and make deals.

Has anyone ever used these expensive tools?  Do they work?  I'd just really hate to blow 3 years of diligent savings just to be had or make a mistake.  I don't mind making mistakes.  I know this is a part of becoming wealthy.   I have a business that never made a profit and a spare house that I'm not entirely sure I want to ever rent out again.

If anyone has had success or suffered great loss from these classes I would really appreciate hearing from you. You can Facebook msg me at Fear the Beard Trucking LLC if you don't feel comfortable telling your story here.

I'm sorry for the long post but I wanted to be clear on my needs as I have a lot riding on this.  I need to decide wich way to go.  I am selling a beloved motorcycle and dune buggy and possibly my "investment" property just to get ahead and have some wiggle room here.

I thank you if you took the time to read this.

Loading replies...