User Stats

Votes
Dave Van Horn
Pro Member
#5 Real Estate Events & Meetups Contributor
  • Fund Manager
  • Berwyn, PA
Votes |
Business Owners of BP, what books are you currently reading?

Dave Van Horn
Pro Member
#5 Real Estate Events & Meetups Contributor
  • Fund Manager
  • Berwyn, PA
Posted Oct 24 2016, 17:50

Recently I've been thinking about my recent reads that have shaped my Real Estate business and thought I'd share them/get suggestions on new ones to add to the list. 

1.) Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It... and Why the Rest Don't by Verne Harnish

This is basically an advanced version of Harnish's "Mastering the Rockefeller Habits" where he really covers 4 things: Strategy, People, Execution, and Cash. Harnish gleaned from John D. Rockefeller's biography multiple habits in the form of questions. When applying them, readers can find themselves having more focus and better leadership/delegation skills. I make everyone in my company read this book so-as to achieve more in their day-to-day operations while utilizing goal setting and accountability.

2.) Business Brilliant by Lewis Schiff.  "Ask a member of the middle class what it takes to become wealthy? And they'll tell you it takes a bold new idea. And if you tell that to a self-made millionaire, they will vehemently disagree" 

Schiff doesn't only dispel this myth (and other common ones like it), he proves it. Conducting interviews and studying data on the world's self-made rich, Schiff's book is really about how successful people think and act differently than the rest. I give this to many of my business associates and entrepreneur friends to think differently and to share these ideas.

3.) Traction by Gino Wickman

The tagline for this book is: "Do you have a grip on your business, or does your business have a grip on you?"

A great read on execution and simplifying and implementing better Rockefeller Habits. This is also a a good book for others in Upper Management. Working on efficiency and the vision of the company is key to any business. Are you on the same page as your partners? Are you on the same page as your employees? All good questions to ask yourself and your business.

So, what have you guys been reading lately? Any thoughts on these books? Any recommendations?

Loading replies...