Marko Rubel Wholesaling Program

Real Estate Guru, Book & Course Reviews and Discussions 21.7K Posts 2.1K Discussions

I just listened to Marko Rubel's "Profit Grabber" webinar and he said it will work for wholesaling as well as other types of REI strategies. Has anyone used his program and if so, what is your opinion?

Originally posted by Robert Burns:
I just listened to Marko Rubel's "Profit Grabber" webinar and he said it will work for wholesaling as well as other types of REI strategies. Has anyone used his program and if so, what is your opinion?

I've never heard of him mostly because I don't pay attention to the "guru's" almost no matter what they have to say. I think whatever he has to say you can certainly save your money and learn it on this site.

Between the articles, blogs and this forum I honestly don't think there are any "secrets" that are not being discussed openly on BP. I know there are some gurus worth listening too but when it comes to putting down your hard earned money on another course "packed with info" you would be better suited to put that money into buying a list and doing a direct mail campaign or putting out bandit signs or both.

In my opinion, most of those guru's are a waste of time. Here on BP we have the privilege of talking with REAL investors on a daily basis. Truth is, there is NOTHING secretive about this business and no course or "system" will ever replace hard work and dedication. If your sending out 500-1000 letters or postcards a month and making offers on REO's week after week you WILL find a deal sooner or later.

I've not yet read Steph's REO book but I plan on it. Another good thing is that she is a member of BP and you can email her with questions...I can't say the same thing for almost any of the "guru's".

Sorry for venting, I can get pretty fired up when someone is peddling fluff and "secrets" and basically taking peoples hard earned $ while giving out info you can get for free.

Jeff

Jeff & Cheray,
You respond frequently to BP questions and your replies are always appreciated. I am always interested in the comments I get back. I quite frankly feel some desparation in my efforts to get my RE Investing off the ground. I have plans to retire the beginning of next year and don't have a finite plan of action. I'm really in information overload and it's challenging to develop a step by step plan. I want to focus on wholesaling in that I need the quick income to pay off some credit card debt and reinforce my retirement investments that were hit hard last year with the stock market decline. What areas of REI do you do most? I would appreciate any advice, suggestions, or comments.

Sincerely,
Bob Burns

Jeff & Cheray,
You respond frequently to BP questions and your replies are always appreciated. I am always interested in the comments I get back. I quite frankly feel some desparation in my efforts to get my RE Investing off the ground. I have plans to retire the beginning of next year and don't have a finite plan of action. I'm really in information overload and it's challenging to develop a step by step plan. I want to focus on wholesaling in that I need the quick income to pay off some credit card debt and reinforce my retirement investments that were hit hard last year with the stock market decline. What areas of REI do you do most? I would appreciate any advice, suggestions, or comments.

Sincerely,
Bob Burns

Thanks Bob, glad to help. My main focus is Wholesaling. I threw up the red flag because I don't want to see you or anyone else make the mistake of buying tons of different courses and over analyzing Wholesaling. This is a numbers game and and like I said before, if your sending out 500-1000 post cards or letters a month and making tons of offers, you WILL find a deal. I don't know Marko Rubel and I'm not questioning whether he's legit or not...I am questioning the need for another course, which I think is a waste of your hard earned money. I know there are several good courses out there but when it comes to Wholesaling I think there are plenty of people on BP that can help you get started in the right direction. Your money will go much farther on a direct mailing campaign then it will if you buy another course on wholesaling.

As far as the desperation, I think we've all been there. I've learned from past mistakes that your much better suited to take a step back and assess the situation with a clear head rather then charge full speed ahead. Not that your not planning but it's hard to think straight when your unable to focus and stick to a plan. Often times a new course will do more harm then good because it takes another point of view which in the end just causes your head to spin.

I'd be happy to help you focus and get a plan together and I'm sure others will pitch in their ideas as well. How much money can you afford to spend a month on advertising? Do you have some cash set aside for (earnest money) to make offers on REO's? Do you have a buyers list put together?

Jeff

UPDATE!!!

I decided to google this guy to see what his course was all about....I scrolled straight to the bottom and found the $4997.00 price tag. Is that the course your asking about? If so, you can be sure to find a deal with 5k as an advertising budget....even if you spread it out 5 or 6 months.

Jeff

Jeff,
I appreicate your response. Yes that's the course I was referring to. I really don't have much money left over every month mostly due to $17,000 in credit card debt due to my misadventures in Internet Home Business scams. Actually I'm "tapping into my retirement account to get some extra money for the upcoming holidays. So I looking for some inexpensive ways to get my RE Investing going. I do have a small buyers list from my local RE Investors club. What steps do you suggest I take at this point?
Thanks,
Bob Burns

My first question is how are you finding comps? Once you have the phone ringing with potential deals you'll need to be able to quickly pick out the good leads and be able to make an offer right away.

Do you use Title companies out there? If so I would recommend getting in touch with them and seeing if they can pull comps for you. I use a local title company here and they pull comps and email them to me for free.

To get the phone ringing your going to need to do some direct mailing as well as bandit signs. "Driving for dollars" can be effective but I think it's more common to find yourself wasting valuable time without getting any results...it just depends on the area.

You can also use Craigslist to post adds looking for deals. When I'm posting regularly on CL I usually get one or two calls a day. Not bad for a free service.

I think you need to do all of the above simultaneously and be sure to have a clear and consistent message. When you post an add here and there on CL, then send out a few letters, then maybe put out some bandit signs your chances of getting a deal are going to be pretty slim. You need to create your message, pick your target audience and go after it FULL SPEED until you get results. Make sense?

Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks for your input. Can you be give more specifics on a direct mail campaign? Do I get absentee owners lists, preforeclosure lists, etc? I would appreciate as much information as you can provide on constructing an effective direct mail campaign.
Thanks again for your interest in helping me. I MUST get on the right track and get some results, time is of the essence.

Bob Burns

Marko sells software, not so much a course but a method of tracking sequential mailings.

You could do what he does for free.
He is selling automation, his ideas for generating deals is via direct marketing mailing letters to lists.

Please do not waste one cent more on courses, at the rate you are going you could get rich by not buying courses.

Just take action, any action except buying more courses.

In a nutshell guru's are in the business of information sales.
You probably know something about something, if you could market this knowledge in a way that would interest people, you could be a guru as well.

Jeff,

Thanks for your input. Can you be give more specifics on a direct mail campaign? Do I get absentee owners lists, preforeclosure lists, etc? I would appreciate as much information as you can provide on constructing an effective direct mail campaign.
Thanks again for your interest in helping me. I MUST get on the right track and get some results, time is of the essence.

Bob Burns

Absentee owners are a good list for a number of reasons, one being that in most cases they are not attached to a house that they raised their kids in. Sentimental value can be a major stumbling block. Personally, I like Absentee owners living out of state. The answer to that question depends on what your buyers are after.

Here is a great article about marketing to absentee owners:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/articles/589-7-criteria-to-make-massive-profits-from-absentee-owners-

I have heard great arguments when it comes to letters vs post cards and I honestly don't think one is better then the other...post cards are cheaper in bulk but the message is the most important part of either.

Since your working a J-O-B at the moment, you can pay a high school or college kid $1.00 per bandit sign to put out for you.

As far as craigslist add's...look online at different cities and see what other investors are doing. Pick a couple that jump out at you, add your contact info and give them a try. You can modify it yourself if you have photoshop or just email it to a local print shop to make changes for you. It's free so make changes and see what works for you. I like to link the craigslist add to a picture located on photobucket (which is free).

Check out this thread on how to do that:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/87/topics/33390-non-tech-way-to-use-craigslist-images

Before doing any of the above, take the time to make sure that you've carefully thought out your message. I know you want to get things going but a couple days or even a week or more to carefully put together your message won't kill you.

Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff And Cheray Warner:
Not that your not planning but it's hard to think straight when your unable to focus and stick to a plan. Often times a new course will do more harm then good because it takes another point of view which in the end just causes your head to spin.

I totally agree with you Jeff...I havent exactly bought any courses but i have purchased some e-books on wholesaling and read alot and every teacher has a diff perspective and ideas and i think that it does just truly screw you up because once your finished with one persons stuff .. you think youve pretty much got everything down and you know how your going to do it and your ready to get out there but then you read someone elses material and it makes you rethink everything you learned previously and makes you feel unsure of your plans and it just keeps repeating each time you pick up someones elses stuff...or maybe thats just been my personal experience.

Originally posted by LaBlanca Ponder:
Originally posted by Jeff And Cheray Warner:
Not that your not planning but it's hard to think straight when your unable to focus and stick to a plan. Often times a new course will do more harm then good because it takes another point of view which in the end just causes your head to spin.

I totally agree with you Jeff...I havent exactly bought any courses but i have purchased some e-books on wholesaling and read alot and every teacher has a diff perspective and ideas and i think that it does just truly screw you up because once your finished with one persons stuff .. you think youve pretty much got everything down and you know how your going to do it and your ready to get out there but then you read someone elses material and it makes you rethink everything you learned previously and makes you feel unsure of your plans and it just keeps repeating each time you pick up someones elses stuff...or maybe thats just been my personal experience.

That's my point exactly. There are good courses out there, the problem is when your focus becomes "learning" rather then "doing". Sometimes people are afraid to fail and because of that the come up with excuses about why they have not found a deal, such as "there are no motivated sellers near me" or "I just need to read this new book", etc.

My advice: get out of the house and make offers...fail and then report your failure here on BP so you can learn from it. Repeat that process a few times and you'll be well on your way. Stay confident, focused, work hard and learn from your mistakes and you'll be fine.

Jeff

My experience with Marko Rubel was anything but good.

His presentation is very slick, in his broken English. He sells a system that gets county records information and matches your requirements with the records. You can do the same thing by subscribing to countyrecordsresearch.com and creating your own spreadsheet or database.

What Rubel doesn't tell you, but it is very clear in the product's user manual, is that you will need to assistance of a licensed realtor to fully use his system. His systems requires full access to the MLS, and only licensed realtors and realtor employees have full access. In addition, it is also unethical and perhaps illegal for them to allow anyone else to use their login and password.

It was a hassle, but I made him refund all of my money.

For more information on Marko Rubel, go to accessonescamsdotcom; just substitute the "dot" for the proper character. Or search for "marko rubel scam" and select the result with "accessonescams" in the URL.

You will be happy you did...

I don't know why I feel the need to defend Marko Rubel, but my experience with his software is quite different from yours, John Davern. I did not ask for my money back.

Profit Grabber costs $1,497. One may find it cheaper--I don't see it secondhand anywhere on the internet--and it's quite efficient. Yes, one could, as John says, subscribe to County Records Research and create your own spreadsheet or database, but Profit Grabber does the same thing in mere seconds with a click of a mouse. Why would anyone go to the effort of creating a spreadsheet or database when, with Profit Grabber's "matching module," it does the same thing?

You don't need access to the MLS to exploit the efficiencies of Profit Grabber but you'll miss out on deals if you don't have access in some fashion to the MLS.

I don't know why some investors are so down on "real estate gurus." Some of them price their courses modestly and impart good information, in my opinion. It's a matter of separating the wheat from the chaff, I guess. It's easy to see that many many hours were spent creating Profit Grabber and, at $1,497, I think it's reasonably priced.

But that's just me. Your mileage may vary.

I don't know this specific course but I can tell you all these gurus have a common theme.

They are not in the real estate business.They are in the INFORMATION and REPACKAGING one.

They realize after doing no deals to just a few deals how hard the real deals are to find.

They can make stuff sound easy like finding grand slam deals is an everyday occurrence to sell a product.

They make the most money hucking information and send out the army of ants (buyers) to bring them the sweetest deals.

Not a fan of gurus.

Medium allworldrealtyJoel Owens, All World Realty | [email protected] | 678‑779‑2798 | http://www.AWcommercial.com

Originally posted by Joshua Dorkin:
Catherine Coy - Has this software resulted in your closing of any real estate deals?

Crickets...

Have you wholesalers ever worked with lead generators? If so what was your experience?

It sounds like a lot of this software is to help people generate leads, who don't really know anything about lead generation or lead management. Seems like people might be better suited to let others generate the leads and focus on closing deals?

Originally posted by Eric Evans:
... Seems like people might be better suited to let others generate the leads and focus on closing deals?

When I get some good leads, I'll keep them and do the deal myself, and pass along to you the ones that I don't think have much value or chance of giving a low enough buy price. How's that sound for a deal?

Sounds terrible! But that is kind of my point, the "do the deal myself" part. I am still a novice.

Originally posted by Eric Evans:
It sounds like a lot of this software is to help people generate leads, who don't really know anything about lead generation or lead management. Seems like people might be better suited to let others generate the leads and focus on closing deals?

Lead generation is a necessary part of the business if one is to survive and thrive in real estate investing, imo. I wouldn't allow my business model to rely solely on leads from lead generation software without being able to simultaneously generate them myself. One should still be able to generate a deal directly from sellers who can provide real opportunities ('i.e. pocket REO connection, distressed sellers, etc.), imo. Esp. in a seller's market which many of us are currently in.

Medium webuynjrealestate bbbIbrahim Hughes, We Buy NJ Real Estate LLC | http://www.WeBuyNJRealEstate.com

Originally posted by Steve Babiak:

When I get some good leads, I'll keep them and do the deal myself, and pass along to you the ones that I don't think have much value or chance of giving a low enough buy price. How's that sound for a deal?

Good point. But some wholesalers, like myself, will pass on good deals to other investors if my hands are full rehabbing other projects (I also rehab) or if the property isn't in my preferred rehab farm area.

I do admit that 98% of the stuff I get from wholesalers is garbage. Ryan Webber used the term 'professional wholesaler' on another thread to describe what he does: bring quality deals to rehabbers. I think this term fits if you've been in the business long enough to know what a good deal is, how to find it, how to assign/resell it and how to repeat the process. Most wholesalers aren't yet at that professional level. And I don't think these courses and software necessarily help them attain that status.

Medium webuynjrealestate bbbIbrahim Hughes, We Buy NJ Real Estate LLC | http://www.WeBuyNJRealEstate.com

BTW - I wasn't suggesting that one should do as I posted (in the quote that is printed above). I was just pointing out the reality of how some others just might do things when it comes to leads - cherry-picking is definitely going to be happening, and there are even folks on BP who have posted that they actually do so. So if you're being given a lead, it shouldn't be much surprise that there might not be any profit potential.

Excuse me, Luis A.--is it alright if I'm not on my computer 24/7 in order to answer the pending question as quickly as you would like?

With all due respect, the more pertinent question is, "Does Profit Grabber automate the process of sorting/sifting through data to find possible leads, thereby saving time?"

Yes, it does. There may be other software--or even sorting/sifting manually via Excel spreadsheet--that does this more inexpensively, but I don't want to (a) sort and sift manually; or (b) search the universe to find less expensive software. I consider Profit Grabber a tool and that is all.

To respond to the more direct question, the answer is yes.

Chirp yourself. ;-)

@Catherine Coy , what I find curious is why you would dig up an almost 2 year old post which was lying dormant, and suddenly jump in and defend. And what's even nore curious is that you apparently created a whole new account here on BP for the sole purpose of doing so.

So please forgive our skepticism and our jumping to conclusions.....

Medium small logoAnn Bellamy, Buy Now, LLC | 800‑418‑0081 | http://www.buynowhardmoney.com