I saw the updated conversation on my watched threads list and thought I would throw my two cents in. Kent Clothier is my older brother and he designed the software after the process we were doing in our offices in Memphis. Watching us spend the hours on line with our county records culling the data for the buyers we wanted to market to. He then spent the next 5 months working with our IT developers and put together a marketing system designed to reduce the amount of time you spend getting this information.
When you are as big as we are at MemphisInvest.com, we did not have the time to do this ourselves. We needed a better system to get to the data we wanted quicker. He has an automated process for pulling the data you want in your local area, based on whatever parameters you set, and then he has letters modeling the exact letters that we send from Memphis.
He essentially copied our process for marketing to new buyers. Here are a few answers to previous questions.
1. The data comes from the county assessors office and is only as good as the data entry clerks. I pull my information from no sooner than 90 days back so the assessor office has time to make changes to any info entered wrong.
2. Some states and counties, by law prevent this information from being online and you can demo the system first to make sure your area has accurate info.
3. Duplicate names listed are people who are buying multiple properties within your search.
4. Kent also automated a system for us to find individuals acting as private lenders in our area. If you were quoted a price of $1997 with a $97 residual, that price is for both systems - "Find Cash Buyers Now" and "Find Private Lenders Now". Each is sold separately today for I believe $997 and $39 monthly residual.
5. The monthly cost is because every 14 days the information across the entire system is updated.
Guys, there are seriously bad people, companies, programs - whatever, in every industry. I can tell you that this is essentially exactly how we grew our business. We still send letters every month to old buyers and new buyers that are added. Response rates on the mailings, now that we have been sending for so long are way above average and we can directly tie back the leads to our website and sales to those leads, to the mailings we send.
This is like anything else. You have to be in a position to put it to consistent use and be committed to marketing your company. DO NOT spend any money on something you do not have the time to use or do not fully understand how it can help you. DO NOT get shiny object syndrome and buy the program because you liked the webinar. Take the time to talk to someone at their offices and ask for a demo.
You absolutely can get this information on your own, but that does not come without a cost. It will take time and effort on your part and for us - when he built the system and implemented in our offices - our productivity when through the roof. We would literally spend 17-25 hours a week on this information and today we spend less than an hour.
Just wanted to let you know where it came from and how we use it.
Best of luck to everyone out there.