• Boca Raton, FL
Votes |
Sean Whalen and property 23

Tom Kitas
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Boca Raton, FL
Posted Nov 14 2010, 16:49

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has ever herd of this guru Sean Whalen who is the owner of what used to be the Empower Group and is now called property 23? From the research I have done he looks like another marketing guy. His background is in being an amateur fighter in the mixed martial arts world. I guess he couldn't make his big debut there so he decided to get into real estate. What he offers is properties he will sell you at wholesale and even help you find an end buyer. It starts to smell like BS because why would he not just find his own end buyer? Another thing that makes it smell like BS is the fact that he will allow you to purchase his property on a credit card. He has vacant properties he will sell you that you can flip and others occupied by tenants for a rental income and hold property. He does a lot of the hype claims as the other gurus. Personally I do not believe that this is real because if he has the ability to obtain all these properties why would he not just line up his own end buyers and get rid of them or become a landlord himself? Instead he has created this group in which he will sell you the properties and his staff is suppose to hold your hand through the whole process to help you gain the knowledge and confidence you need to do these deals.
What I have read on the internet is his company hires college grads who are paid on a high commission bases from any product they sell. Not sure if there is any truth to the claims or not. There are claims out there that also state that these college grads are doing high pressure sales in real estate for the high commissions and are not licensed as Realtor in any state they sell. Not sure if any of the things I read are true or not.
If he truly has properties he is wholesaling then I may be interested in taking a closer look. Right now though it smells like too much BS. Therefore before I look behind the curtain and have to find out at a high cost that it is nothing more than smoke and mirrors I would like to know if anyone has had any type of experience with him or his company?

Loading replies...