• Rental Property Investor
  • Poughkeepsie, NY
Votes |
Advantus beware beware be ware

Eric Hrlbock
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Poughkeepsie, NY
Posted Jun 6 2018, 04:18

Hello BP ers. I want to start by saying I almost got “got”.  I pre screened a lovely lady over the phone who  just had a divorce. I met her at the property and she had all her paperwork with her, super neat and organized. Something I always strived to be, so I was impressed.

She looked around a not finished apartment which is not unusual for me. I walk potential tenants through places that aren’t done all the time and then explain what we will do and won’t.  I do this to save time on vacancy and so far has been working.  

She was interested but my spidy senses were tingling. She wanted to move right away she has been living at a local hotel in the area until she finds a place. She transferred from a nys job to another nys job but in my area.  Her credit score was included and it was 700’s also her pay was good.  No evictions, bankruptcy or arrest.

She wanted to give me a down payment, she said she lost a. Couple of apartments because she didn’t act fast enough. 

Everything looked great but I said let me do what I always do. I told her I will email her an application and I will send her a link to a screening company.

That night I checked I googled her name, did some minor digging and she was evicted 2 times already this year. She had multiple judgments on her.  The more I looked the more I found.  On paper she looked awesome. The paperwork was super organized and neat.  Advantus had there name stamped on everything . I don’t know who they are but beware.  

I texted her my findings and she said it’s all lies and she is going to sue the companies who wrote them. I said sure no problem and when you clear it up reach out to me.    I will never from her again.