• Real Estate Investor
  • Monmouth Junction, NJ
Votes |
Zack Childress

Sam Chainani
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Monmouth Junction, NJ
Posted Jan 26 2011, 05:32

Last Week I attended 4 Day RE seminar given by Zack Childress in NJ. He is charging $ 25K for mentoring for 6 months and $ 1500 for his MLS Gorilla Software. Does any body have any opinion about Zack Childress and his these programs?

User Stats

Votes
James Hiddle
  • Altus, OK
Votes |
  • Altus, OK
Replied Jan 26 2011, 09:16

You're better off using that $25K for actual real estate investing instead of wasting it on some guru.

User Stats

Votes
Mike G.
  • Rehabber / Flipper
  • Simi Valley, CA
Votes |
  • Rehabber / Flipper
  • Simi Valley, CA
Replied Jan 26 2011, 09:29

Did you mean to say 25 THOUSAND dollars??? Dude, you can buy a house for that in some places.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jon Holdman
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Mercer Island, WA
Votes |
  • Mercer Island, WA
ModeratorReplied Jan 26 2011, 09:40

You can make a down payment on a good rental just about anywhere for $25K (if its more that $100K, its probably not your best bet for a rental.) Or, if you're doing fix and flips, that will give you a nice kitty to make a hard money lender happy. Or, if you want to wholesale, you can send a lot of postcards for $25K. Might not buy a four year degree these days, but it would pay for books and tuition at most of the state universities here in CO. That's a lot of money!

User Stats

Votes
James Vermillion
  • Lexington, KY
Votes |
  • Lexington, KY
Replied Jan 26 2011, 12:18

Wow...that is simply unbelievable. I would have to question the thought process of anyone who would consider that.

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Kamm
  • Commercial Real Estate Broker
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
  • Commercial Real Estate Broker
  • Memphis, TN
Replied Jan 26 2011, 13:13

What exactly is 1500 for MLS gorilla software? For less than that you can get a license and pay dues and then work your own deals.....25k please tell me that's a typo.

User Stats

Votes
William Johnson
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Pomona, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Pomona, CA
Replied Jan 26 2011, 13:39

Sam,

It would be safer and better and more profitable to save the $25,000 and regularly attend a local Real Estate Investment group. Read BP daily and ask questions. Go to your local library and read many books. Many (most, all?) gurus are not worth the money, especially at that price. They have no secrets. Some reasonably price ($100?) courses may be good. Check ebay.

It is your own drive and ambition (and God's will) that will make you successful.

The replies are a bit harsh above but they are trying to protect you. All the posters will give advise on how to proceed and do well in REI. BP is free, available 24/7, nonfatting, but may become addictive.

William

User Stats

Votes
Cecelia A
  • New York
Votes |
  • New York
Replied Feb 11 2011, 08:29

Hi Sam,

What did the 4 day seminar cover? Was it useful?

I've heard people say that they've learned the complete run down of how to wholesale REOs, is it true?

And I've heard that they can just start wholesaling REOs with this information, was it really that comprehensive?? Did they go over contracts as well??

Any input is greatly appreciated!

User Stats

Votes
Michael Lauther
  • Investor
  • Hampton Bays, NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Hampton Bays, NY
Replied Feb 11 2011, 08:53

Spend a few weeks exploring this site. you will easily learn most of what you would spend the 25k on. Its not unusual from what I see for marketers of this type of material to charge this type of fee. Its a steep price for hand holding. I have also seen similar fees for programs like multiple streams of income and the like. they offer some good info but nothing you cant find right here.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Lauther
  • Investor
  • Hampton Bays, NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Hampton Bays, NY
Replied Feb 11 2011, 09:40

Just wanted to make a quick note to my prior post. I mention Multiple streams of income as an example of the type of training available, this I do not in any way recommend this program offered by Robert Allan. My opinion regarding all of these programs is that most are of marginal value and charge fees that border on the criminal. I have attended many meeting touting many gurus over the years an have not found any i could recommend. I did find one seminar which of course was mostly Hype from Robert Allan that answered many of the questions you posed in your post. I also found the same information on this site for free. I do NOT recommend spending 25K or anywhere near that to get this same information.

User Stats

Votes
Matt Feato
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Springfield, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Springfield, MA
Replied Apr 26 2011, 07:00

Going to bump this up...

Just recently launched his "product", but I'd avoid this one too. Duncan Wierman did a great write-up as to why, but I took a look at the pre-launch stuff and could tell right away this "product" would offer nothing new/be re-hashed junk.

http://duncanwierman.wordpress.com/2011/04/23/personal-review-of-zack-childress-launch-review-scam/

Yep, add to it him charging $25K for coaching and forget it...almost sounds like Karen Hanover re-dux.

User Stats

Votes
Rudy Butler
  • Wholesaler
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Apr 26 2011, 12:32

Matt- This is very funny I just got one of Zach's email this morning.

User Stats

Votes
Dustin Johns
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbia, SC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbia, SC
Replied Apr 26 2011, 13:40

i get so many "guru" solicitations including this guy. don"t do it. only hard work and market knowledge have worked for me. whoever sent you that email link is getting a commission from you if you purchase. if they could sell houses then why are they wasting time touting the next new program/software.

go to the courthouse and grind. wholesale deals and build investors.

User Stats

Votes
Dustin Johns
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbia, SC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbia, SC
Replied Apr 26 2011, 13:42

btw;

there are 12 properties under 20k on this month's sales roster. hate that you spent that on that class. wonder why we never see the "gurus" on these forums?

User Stats

Votes
Laura Alamery
  • Investor and RE Mentor
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Investor and RE Mentor
  • Miami, FL
Replied Apr 26 2011, 13:51

I totally agree. Most "gurus" must have either a big Ego or not making money in the real world! :)
I have been in real estate for over 20 years and I have mentored/coached dozens of investors in exchange for partnering on deals or for very little money.
I do get satisfaction in helping other people making money and I am still an active investor myself.
Beware of these gurus and also their ground-breaking ways of making money in real estate: it is just old real estate philosophy repackaged in a new box!
Let's see where they are in 2030! :)

User Stats

Votes
Jimmy C.
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Seminole, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Seminole, FL
Replied Apr 26 2011, 14:58

I could sell you one house rent ready, and almost fit in one fixer upper for the 25k.

And I will hold your hand through the process of buying it from us and renting it out. At least you would get some cash flow and equity out of that.

L & E Property Holdings Inc Logo

User Stats

Votes
Brian H.
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Aug 15 2013, 17:21

I'll make you all a deal. I'll tell you everything I know about buying REO's, and I won't charge you a dime. There are plenty to go around, and the quicker we can all plow through this inventory, the quicker all of our other property values get back on track!

I'm no expert, I'm no guru, and I have nothing to sell. That said, wasn't there some ancient wise man that said something about the more mistakes you make the more wise you are? Or is that one of those "convenient" memories....eh, no one correct me :)

User Stats

Votes
Joe Yobaccio
  • Temple City, CA
Votes |
  • Temple City, CA
Replied Jul 3 2015, 15:10

It's July 3rd 2015 and this thread seems a couple of years old, but today, I am on a webinar by Zack and came here to see what Bigger Pockets had to say about him.

But, now I have something to contribute! His "secret" software for getting the leads from all the websites is a system I bought from a VA on Fiverr for $5.00!

Plus, I've heard that web posts are where all the competition looks for deals and so I don't see how this guy has any secrets.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Phillips
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Plano, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Plano, TX
Replied Jul 8 2015, 03:25

And there it is Sam, thanks Joe!

User Stats

Votes
Mary K.
  • phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • phoenix, AZ
Replied Mar 9 2016, 12:43

I know this thread is old but any possibility of sharing the system and the VA name on Fiverr ?

User Stats

Votes
Charley Walker
  • Mc Leansville, NC
Votes |
  • Mc Leansville, NC
Replied Mar 16 2017, 06:20

Having rented my first land in 1940, bought my first property in 1957, partnered in buying 484 single family units in 1968 (Trading sweat equity for almost $1.5-Million in profits) and being engaged in REI continuously since --- I have nevertheless invested in about a dozen training programs during the last 15 years.

Learned a lot, however no more and slower than YOU CAN by browsing the Amazon and other used RE book sites for this same information on the cheap. 

Unless a program GUARANTEES access to $$$$ at the end of the training -- and costs are certain and reasonable for access to capital --- Run, don't walk to the nearest exit. 

Spend your money learning your market(s) -- and do not limit  yourself to a single zip code, city or county. Work your region for two hours in every direction, read all the local business publications, attend Economic Development meetings of every kind. (Research on the web, get them on your calendar, create a business entity and reserve seats under that business name. Often private citizens are not welcome.  President of a development company is welcome.)

Study, read two newspaper business seciions daily, NY Times Sunday edition at the library every week. SWJ, Barrons, Forbes and Fortune. 

In short, educate yourself in business and education, earning and preserving wealth.  Forget the NFL, NBA, MBL, NCAA, PGA for anything but basic conversation knowledge until you can afford Super Bowl and World Series tickets out of pocket change.

Get multiple dash cameras and learn to operate for short takes of properties you pass, with your recorded voice for notes. A camera left, camera right, camera forward -- On - talk with important information about a prospective property -- OFF. 

Allow time to stop and get information about any seriously interesting property.

START YESTERDAY -- Asking professionals, your lawyer, doctor, dentist, successful long-time business people -- who they know with private money to invest. Go meet them, explain your offer -- interest rates, time periods, terms -- potential exit closing "points" to them, in addition to interest -- automatic rollover within 30 days with a First Mortgage (First Trust Deed) in their name on any property purchased with their money. Automatic "also insured" status on liability and casualty insurance.

Commit in advance -- No more than an "As Is" 50% LTV investment in any property with their money.

Prepare a single page program in advance, with your personal information -- and have it ready to present at any hint of interest. Be prepared and be professional. Don't walk in looking like a garbage collecting, or dumpster diving slob.  It does not take a $1,000, three piece suit and $400 shoes.

But be clean, freshly bathed, shaven, with neatly combed hair -- and cover tatoos. Sound investors are not impressed that anyone has $10,000 of elaborate tattoos on their hide, instead of $10,000 invested in business.

Planning a routine trip to the airport -- start early, drive a different route through a new residential area every trip, going anywhere, anytime. Kids' "away ball game" -- start early and drive a twisting, off-freeway route to and from, through different communities and different neighborhoods.

Use Google Satellite maps to research potential properties, street maps for the best in-and-out driving routes - and get the people at the various courthouse Title, Tax and Planning departments to teach you how to use their on-line software for 24/7 access to pertinent public records.

In plain language -- Expect to invest 20-40 hours weekly into your startup business.  If the tennis court, golf course, go-cart track, pool room, theatre, concerts or extracurricular sex are more interesting -- then strive to be the best at one of those and forget real estate millions.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied Mar 16 2017, 07:03

@Charley Walker  this is an old thread.. but great 3rd post.. and well put.... in other words hard work makes you lucky at real estate.. and its a long long game..

User Stats

Votes
Michael Ben-Edward
  • Investor
  • Fremont, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fremont, CA
Replied Oct 12 2017, 11:51

Being a former was; have noted all of the above and hasten to add: there is nothing out there, for any price that offers more than right here on BP. Only one part missing here,BP doesn't do the work! See, for n$$$ guys like Zack have automated that for only a few thousand dollar$. Barf! 

Every week Brandon gives us FREE the "secret" of making it in R.E.  ACTION. Taking me a long time to find all the GURUmails, scroll to the bottom, and check the UNSUBSCRIBE!

Only problem here, it would take a lifetime to watch/listen to all the podcasts and videos, deluding yourself that "I am still busy studying, but will soon take ACTION"! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRch!

Thanks for listening,

MBE

User Stats

Votes
Dan Ringwald
  • Santa Barbara, CA
Votes |
  • Santa Barbara, CA
Replied May 12 2020, 11:58

https://www.youtube.com/user/zackchildressreviews/videos - why spend the money when you can go direct to his YouTube vidoes and get most of what Zack has to say for FREE!  If you then want to do it all alone and by yourself well good luck with that.  It's always good to have a mentor to get you started and to build teams to keep you and your teams motivated, but I wouldn't pay the price of a rental property for it!

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Miller
  • Investor
  • Temple City, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Temple City, CA
Replied Oct 25 2023, 09:41
Quote from @Joe Yobaccio:

It's July 3rd 2015 and this thread seems a couple of years old, but today, I am on a webinar by Zack and came here to see what Bigger Pockets had to say about him.

But, now I have something to contribute! His "secret" software for getting the leads from all the websites is a system I bought from a VA on Fiverr for $5.00!

Plus, I've heard that web posts are where all the competition looks for deals and so I don't see how this guy has any secrets.

Hello Joe, Are you still investing in Temple City, Ca?