Guru, Book, & Course Reviews

User Stats

Votes
Adrien Trevino
Votes |
Just Enrolled in Real Estate Express

Adrien Trevino
Posted Apr 12 2019, 13:20

Good morning, afternoon, or evening. Whenever you're reading this post, I hope you're in good spirit! And if you're not that's fine too, I will be keeping you in my thoughts and wishing the absolute best for you. My name is Adrien. I have been doing some light browsing on the site for about a week now and have finally decided to jump into the discussion. 

As of today I am enrolled in Real Estate Express program! I got myself the Exam Preparation level class for 40% off, for a total of about $135, but that would be thanks to the browser extension, Honey. If you have a favorite YouTube creator go find one of their videos; I'm sure that they have a link that if you click on they make a 'lil money on, so go support them! So BOOM! Now if you are looking for a way to get into some online real estate classes, you can do it for 40% off AND support a content creator! AND you'll save money when you shop online! That's at least three dubs in a row in my book. (Not an ad I just wanna help some people save some money and maybe support their favorite content creators. Honey is seriously a great extension, and while researching I came across multiple people who recommended that I try and find a way to save a few bucks on my classes, because the whole process of getting licensed and working for a broker starts to add up over time. I genuinely hope this helps somebody out.)

I am taking the CA classes and am curious about what y'all think about them. I am enjoying the class so far. Is there anything that I could study on the side to prepare me for actual real estate business? I am reading Think and Grow Rich with plans to read How to Win Friends and Influence People next, after seeing how many highly people recommend it.

I was also hoping to get some realistic answers about how long it takes the average person to complete the 135 hours, submit all appropriate paperwork, and then test for the license. I really want to set a goal of having all this done by Jun 20, 2019, so about 69 days from today, but I also don't want to underestimate how long the process will take. Im trying to judge just about when I should start applying to all the different brokerages that I am interested in working for. 

I know this is an intro post and it's a bit long and I have asked a handful of questions, but hey if you don't ask then you cannot receive! I am just starting out but I hope to be able to put back into the community all the great things that I am going to learn along the way. I have been excited about real estate since I was about 17, but only now have taken up the guts to dive in head first.

Thanks in advance for answering my post and have a nice day!

- Adrien