Votes
Luke Moore
  • Midwest
Votes |
Cedar Falls Iowa Assisted Living

Luke Moore
  • Midwest
Posted Nov 28 2019, 19:20

I am going to share my journey into building my 16 bedroom assisted living property. This will be my first time going into assisted living care. It took me a long time to get this deal done. I worked on this project for 1.5 years. I gave up at times and just let things sit. Things started falling into place, then would fall apart. I have never had so many up and downs in business yet. It was pretty amazing. I finally told myself, It wouldn't fail because of the lack of my effort. I gave it hell, contacted every resource I had and I got it done. So thankful for many many people. 

I took the Residential assisted living academy course and joined their inner circle. I also worked with Rick Miller from Capital success. I can not say enough great things about Rick. My only experience is  owning care homes. I provide housing for a local company that serves people with disabilities.

I however do not have experience operating.... I have a manager on board and a seasoned friend helping out. I feel the core of our team is great. 

Currently, framing has begun. I was extremely happy to get the slab poured. Weather this fall did not start out to great. It has managed to hang in there and allow us to get the concrete in.