• Houston, TX
Votes |
Newbies and gurus, doomed

Pete Storseth
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Posted Mar 19 2020, 19:03

Ok, so every thread I've seen about gurus mentioned I have actually heard of start with a new wantrepenueur asking "has anyone ever bought the mentorship or course from 'x' I have recently signed up for?"

After a series of replies, it usually progresses into people asking the original poster what happened. No answer. Years pass, the newbie drops out of reach.

This HAS to be because they exited the business and NEVER get started.

As a new investor, personally, I have to say nobody should ever pay for a course or mentorship program, period.

Find a mentor or partner here on BP, sure. But if you're gonna watch YouTube for information, leave it at that. Get their free info and then move on to the next one until you find a real person or grow the courage to make your first move.

It's a cold pool of water. You can stick your toe in, but until you jump in and get that chill over with, you'll never get passed that first chill. Its inevitable.

Its gonna be cold, take courses if you want. But dont buy something and expect it to be the way to answer all your questions. I've been there.

When you ask, "has anyone ever tried so and so's course/mentorship program? Is it a scam?" Just know, whether or not it is a scam, you have to get educated and do the work yourself. Paying someone to make you a hero from zero is a scam.

When I become more successful at this business, I will mentor people free. But the way in which I do so will be offering them to make cold calls, post ads, answer the phone calls and if they are good at converting prospects into real leads then partnerships could materialize. This is what a real mentor would do

If there are newbies asking this question, I hope it answers it.

If there are experienced investors out there reading this, this is how a newbie should be mentored. I would do tons of work for free to learn and get coaching. All most of us want is just someone to ask questions, call for advice along the way, and red flags we cant see because we dont know what the color red even looks like yet.

Loading replies...