Skip to content
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews

User Stats

Votes
Chuck B.
  • Investor
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
Has anyone taken Phillip Vincent's program - Mom's House?

Chuck B.
  • Investor
  • Louisville, KY
Posted Mar 27 2021, 07:03

Has anyone taken the MomsHouse.com program?  It's a guru/lead-gen program that purports to train you on becoming a "Personal Relocation Manager" for seniors who need to move into assisted living facilities.  

I'd be curious to hear your impressions of the course if you're willing to share. 

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Rosales
  • Fresno California
Votes |
  • Fresno California
Replied Jul 10 2021, 10:52

Hello Chuk, 

Im curious as well. The training sounds interesting, however, I'm skeptical. After the training will you be ready to go or do they want you to work for them?

We need the BP community to help us with this one.

User Stats

Votes
Paul Miranda
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cambridge, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cambridge, MA
Replied Mar 2 2022, 11:40

Hi Chuck, I was looking into this as well. Don't know all the details yet, but I found this link which gives you a better idea of what they do and how they promote. https://seniorlivingsmart.com/...

Essentially, you join their network, become a "certified buyer" and promote the "ease of transitioning" out from ones house in a quicker time frame, no realtor fees, etc. 

As far as I gather, a different spin on an old technique. " We buy ugly houses"... anyone?

I remember something like this being touted over 20 years ago by a company who's name I can't think of at the moment. I wonder how it may work this day and age.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Stephenson
  • Investor
  • Murfreesboro, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Murfreesboro, TN
Replied May 9 2022, 20:35

Phillip Vincent presented at our REIA tonight. My understand basically is that you network/market to the folks that are selling senior care living facility beds with the idea that most seniors need to sell their house that they have owned for decades and is probably full of junk in order to afford the living facility. Stands to reason their motivation to sell with minimal hassle is high at that point in time. And you are providing a needed service. It sounded like a solid idea to me so I signed up for an upcoming three day event. We will see how it plays out.

User Stats

Votes
Chuck B.
  • Investor
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Louisville, KY
Replied May 12 2022, 07:31

@Anthony Stephenson - Please come back and let us know how it goes!

User Stats

Votes
Jim Fichera
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Amherst, NH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Amherst, NH
Replied May 18 2022, 07:00

@Anthony Stephenson also interested to see your thoughts.

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Stephenson
  • Investor
  • Murfreesboro, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Murfreesboro, TN
Replied Jul 15 2022, 03:43

I attended the Mom's House event a few days ago. The general just is network with people in the senior care industry who have a financial interest in filling the rooms. The idea being if mom needs to sell her junky house to a cash buyer in order pay for the care facility plus doesn't have to deal with repairs then hopefully your senior health care network contacts will remember you when they run across this which is supposedly often. In my opinion It's worth the $1K to attend the weekend, then you decide if you want to drop another $30k for the inner circle. Personally, I didn't, but it's not totally outside the realm of possibilities.. 

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan R McLaughlin
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boston, Massachusetts (MA)
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jul 15 2022, 04:05

Gross.

People in that situation need a lawyer, not an almost-certainly-unlicensed wanna be broker.

A nursing home that has a 'network" of people ready to buy a house in order for them to get paid? Corrupt on its face.

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Stephenson
  • Investor
  • Murfreesboro, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Murfreesboro, TN
Replied Jul 15 2022, 06:32

Mr. McLaughlin, most investors don't want to be a broker... Personally, I've been an agent for 14 years and an investor for 10 years. I see the benefit of both sides.. Each has it's place. If the house is in decent shape then listing probably makes the most sense financially, assuming there is time to do so. If the house is a junker and the seller needs a quick close then I can see where a cash buyer makes the most sense. Either scenario should be closed via a reputable title company which will turn up any issues. 

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan R McLaughlin
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jul 15 2022, 07:07

Mr. Stephenson,

I understand your premise, and although the situation is ripe for abuse I can understand the value of a quick sale. And the reputable title company is a good caution. But a "quick" sale to amateur investors who just paid for a course organized around the guru model advertised on a cheap wordpress website? A stretch to say you are presenting a useful alternative.

What truly triggered my response was the notion that it was proper for nursing home/assisted living affiliates to have a preferred network of investors, much less that they would use billing and time pressure to steer their prospective patients there. Any reputable organization would want to see that person well represented.

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Stephenson
  • Investor
  • Murfreesboro, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Murfreesboro, TN
Replied Jul 15 2022, 07:33

I totally agree the nursing home placement agent would want to vet the buyer. Doesn't matter if it's an investor or a traditional buyer needing to get a loan that was brought by a realtor. I've dealt with dishonest and/or unprofessional investors, realtors, buyers and seller. All sides need to operate with integrity.  

User Stats

Votes
Brian Vaughan
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Texas Hill Country
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Texas Hill Country
Replied Jul 18 2022, 16:43
Quote from @Jonathan R McLaughlin:

Interesting.   I've never heard of  "an almost-certainly-unlicensed wanna be broker."

Why would an investor want to be a broker?  

User Stats

Votes
Jim Fichera
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Amherst, NH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Amherst, NH
Replied Jul 20 2022, 05:17

@Anthony Stephenson Hi Anthony, does the weekend course provide clear next steps that would produce results or do they tease the 30k program for those answers?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Stephenson
  • Investor
  • Murfreesboro, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Murfreesboro, TN
Replied Jul 20 2022, 07:52

Honestly it's fairly straight forward.. It's all about networking with people that have a vested interest in getting the care facilities beds filled.. There are some teasers along the way but there is enough info provided over the weekend that if you have a little bit of experience and networking skills you could run with it. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 23 2022, 01:08
Quote from @Anthony Stephenson:

Honestly it's fairly straight forward.. It's all about networking with people that have a vested interest in getting the care facilities beds filled.. There are some teasers along the way but there is enough info provided over the weekend that if you have a little bit of experience and networking skills you could run with it. 

I am interested in the course as well. Although I am wondering if there is any value in going all the way to St. Louis and spending the three days in a class?  Did you find value in the course?  I have had to deal with this multiple times as the daughter and Niece trying to sell houses that weren’t  retail ready and it’s extremely stressful, especially if your dealing with a nursing home demanding financial proof that you can pay. Based on my experience, this would have been a blessing. Just wondering if the class would offer anything my experience hadn’t already taught me?  Tia for your opinion. 

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Stephenson
  • Investor
  • Murfreesboro, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Murfreesboro, TN
Replied Sep 23 2022, 06:15

For me I felt like the class was worthwhile. It opened my mind to a new marketing avenue. Gave me a very basic education on the assisted living communities industry. Plus networking with like minded people is always a good thing. Given that you already have personal experience with this type situation I believe this type marketing could work very well for you. I vote spend the time and money:)

User Stats

Votes
Lily Scherman
  • San Luis Obispo, CA
Votes |
  • San Luis Obispo, CA
Replied Nov 7 2022, 17:39

Thank you Anthony.  I've signed up and heading to St Louis in Feb.  I should have done my research before signing up but it all made sense to me and just started researching more about Mom's House tonight when I came across your feedback.  I'm not a traveler, currently live in Idaho heading to St Louis, so I'm investing in myself and pushing myself to grow, getting out of my comfort zone.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 11 2022, 13:49
Quote from @Lily Scherman:

Thank you Anthony.  I've signed up and heading to St Louis in Feb.  I should have done my research before signing up but it all made sense to me and just started researching more about Mom's House tonight when I came across your feedback.  I'm not a traveler, currently live in Idaho heading to St Louis, so I'm investing in myself and pushing myself to grow, getting out of my comfort zone.

Lily - I just got back from attending the course last week.  I think you will really enjoy it.  Head's up that they do have a hefty priced offering during the course but so far with my experience, the information I got from the course will give me enough to go out on my own and begin.  It will take more work on my part because I didn't purchase the business in a box they offer but I think it was well worth the time and effort.  If you can afford it - sounds like the business in a box is pretty awesome but unfortunately at this time it is not in my budget.  good luck!  I hope you find it as helpful as I did.

User Stats

Votes
Ross Williams
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Boston MA, Big Sky MT
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Boston MA, Big Sky MT
Replied Nov 13 2022, 11:00

Kimberly, What is the "business in a box" they are marketing and how much is it?  Thanks.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 7 2022, 21:35
Quote from @Kimberly Agnew:

Lily - I just got back from attending the course last week.  I think you will really enjoy it.  Head's up that they do have a hefty priced offering during the course but so far with my experience, the information I got from the course will give me enough to go out on my own and begin.  It will take more work on my part because I didn't purchase the business in a box they offer but I think it was well worth the time and effort.  If you can afford it - sounds like the business in a box is pretty awesome but unfortunately at this time it is not in my budget.  good luck!  I hope you find it as helpful as I did.

I'm so glad I found this post with people that have attended.  I was was thinking about purchasing the at home Course.  I'm not sure that I would attend the weekend.  I'm a licensed agent and I want to work with seniors.  So how much was the "business-in-a-box"?  Someone mentioned the network plan is $30k

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 7 2022, 22:52

Paying 30k to put yourself in a position to "help" extremely vulnerable people by buying their properties for a price far enough below market value so that you can make a "reasonable profit".  Stuff like this make me realize that I don't have what it takes sometimes.  And I'm totally fine with that.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 8 2022, 09:54
Quote from @Glenda Chillous:

I'm so glad I found this post with people that have attended.  I was was thinking about purchasing the at home Course.  I'm not sure that I would attend the weekend.  I'm a licensed agent and I want to work with seniors.  So how much was the "business-in-a-box"?  Someone mentioned the network plan is $30k

The business in a box is a 30k charge to become an inner circle member. With the inner circle membership, they set up your company, website, crm, and offer you leads to purchase for an additional $500 per lead which is generated through their website. With the $1k class you get the information, use of their logo, access to marketing print material for an additional charge and you can purchase the crm separately as well. 

User Stats

Votes
Tom Dagney
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Investor
Replied Jan 12 2023, 16:55

I took the weekend course a couple of years ago.  At that time, it was $15k was to be in the inner circle with $500 per lead.  Thought it was expensive then.  The weekend course was good.  I did not move forward.  Found it to be a little high pressure selling.  They are now reaching out to national REIAs marketing their course.  Proceed with caution.

User Stats

Votes
Lily Scherman
  • San Luis Obispo, CA
Votes |
  • San Luis Obispo, CA
Replied Feb 9 2023, 04:47

Thank you Kimberly.  I went ahead and invested but couldn't make the trip out to St Louis in February.  I'll provide some feedback once I go through the course.

User Stats

Votes
Don Konipol
Pro Member
#1 Innovative Strategies Contributor
  • Lender
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Innovative Strategies Contributor
  • Lender
  • The Woodlands, TX
Replied Feb 9 2023, 14:05

Why are these type “mentor testimonials” always populated by people who only join BP to recommend the mentor?

User Stats

Votes
Tom Dagney
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Investor
Replied Feb 9 2023, 14:57

Don, I replied earlier commenting I took the St. Louis bootcamp. Found it extremely expensive to move forward with their package. Proceed with caution. They are now sending letters to National REIA clubs trying to book presentations.

Tom Dagney

SJREIA - President