• Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, DC
Votes |
Where to Start (location wise)

Fatimah Wilson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, DC
Posted Jan 3 2017, 09:11

Happy New Years Bigger Pockets! I have a dilemma and Im hoping someone could give me some insight as to where (as in location) I should start my Real Estate journey. Im very interested in the BRRRR strategy of small Multi Family properties (2-4 units). My dilemma is I live in DC where the multi family inventory is very small and the inventory that is there is WAY out of my budget. Baltimore which is about 45min-1 hr away has the inventory and within a price range I can afford (sub 100K). Im wondering should I stay in my current apartment and buy a multifamily in Baltimore or just pack up and move to Baltimore where I could live in one of the units but the commute to my job which is in Arlington VA would pretty much be a nightmare

Another alternative is to BRRRR a condo in DC as Ive seen a few on Fannie Mae Homepath website and continue to rent my 1 bedroom. FYI handling the mortgage of the condo during the rehab would be a strain but I think is doable with the combined income of my fiance and I. Any and all advice is very much appreciated.

Best

Loading replies...