Skip to content
Upstate New York Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
W Badura
Votes |
Refinance Primary Home questions recommendations advice?

W Badura
Posted Oct 26 2019, 06:50

Any recommendations for lenders in New York? Local banks? Credit unions?  Online? 

I'm looking for $70k(plus closing costs added in) in a 15yr fixed with lowest closing costs. A 15 yr fixed with no closing costs if that even exists here. I currently don't have mortgage but my HELOC has a $65K balance which is what I want to refi. Also looking for extra $5k for some home improvement which again, brings that total to $70k+cc. I'd prefer no escrow as I'd rather take care of property taxes ans insurance myself as I have done always.

My heloc now is 4.64 variable which isn't bad but I would just feel way, way more comfortable in a fixed rate and it seems like a good time to save some $$ overall.

No plans on selling for next 10yrs, if ever, so no doubt we will make and pass that break even point for factoring in all closing costs into new balance.

Ficos are between 739 and 770 so I would hope to get around 3.00 for 15 fixed for what I want. Not sure if lenders have much interest in me because I'm borrowing under $100K.

Discover home loans quote came in at 5.99 15 fix no CC. That rate sucks.

The only soft quote without pull gave an "estimated on the high side" quote on closing costs was $5500-$6K which seems ridiculously high and almost not worth doing. That would get me into 3.125 15yr fixed. Decent rate, but good Lord, that puts me at $76K. No thanks.

I can't seem to find a Heloc that has both a option to convert to fixed loan immediately, and good rate.

Haven't had any pulls for this yet. I am hoping to narrow down to 3 or 4 lenders before I allow the pulls.

Loading replies...