Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
Votes |
Single Family Rental - Laundry & Lawn Question

Elizabeth Harding
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
Posted Jan 26 2020, 09:57

We are going to be putting another rental on the market soon in the Capital Region. I read a lot of different posts about how to handle laundry and lawn care but I was wondering what was standard in this area. 

The house had a washer/dryer when we bought it, our other rental didn't so they had to provide their own. Since we have one, I am wondering if we should leave it and offer it to the renters. My concern is having to maintain it, I saw some landlords put language in the lease saying that the washer/dryer are a perk but that maintenance won't be preformed but I wasn't sure if that was okay in NY. My other concern is water, if we let them use it I was thinking about a cap for the water bill but I have no idea what a good figure for that would be...

The yard is very small and we inherited a lawn mower so I thought about just making that available for them. I think sometimes people "rent" the lawnmower to the tenants?

I am just trying to figure out what the simplest way to handle this while being financially smart! Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Loading replies...