• Newark, NY
Votes |
Any advice for a newbie?

Ben Clark
  • Investor
  • Newark, NY
Posted Apr 26 2020, 19:24

Hello,

My name is Ben Clark. I own a 4 unit property in Ontario county that I house hacked with my wife in 2016. At that time I had no idea how to invest in property or how to be a landlord. I just didn't want to pay my own mortgage. Luckily it has worked out so far, and I just bought a single family home in Wayne county for my wife and our 1 year old. I've decided I'm going to get into investing in single family and small multi unit properties with a goal to be job optional by 45 (I'm currently 29).

So with that being said how would people advise I start. I don't want to rush in and make mistakes. I've read "rich dad poor dad" "the book on rental property investing" and "set for life" this week. I'm learning from reading, but I think I need more. I currently have 14k saved for investing. I know there is always excuses for not doing something, but with the current economic stand still I'm apprehensive about starting by buying a new property right now. Just wondering how people on here with experience would suggest I proceed. 

Thank you!

Loading replies...