Skip to content
Upstate New York Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Lucy Knaus
  • Rental Property Investor
  • New York City
Votes |
Help Finding Existing Business Zoned for Camping/Glamping NY?

Lucy Knaus
  • Rental Property Investor
  • New York City
Posted Oct 21 2021, 11:02

Hi!  

My name is Lucy and I'm in the process of trying to find a property in Upstate NY (Sullivan County) on which to develop a small Glamping operation as a Proof of Concept for a future campground development project.  I am looking for an already existing local business (winery, brewery, working farm) to partner with as a consultant/operator for a Glamping site.  I am looking for a pure percent (profit sharing) agreement, but am willing to be flexible on terms.

I have worked with one local town supervisor in the county who was super encouraging and helpful as a resource, but at this point I'm looking to widen my search to any location in the Catskills area as long as the property has the utilities and other features I'm looking for.  

I know that the zoning and permits are complicated, so I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions of a way of working backwards to find property zoning and classification information by location before I approach the owners?  I would love to single out some specific areas or districts that are most viable instead of searching by business type before starting to cold call/visit potential partners.

Any other advice would be appreciated!  Thank you so much!

Loading replies...