• Massapequa Park, NY 11762
Votes |
Getting started with poor credit and possible foreclosure

Scott Justynowicz
  • Investor
  • Massapequa Park, NY 11762
Posted Sep 12 2020, 15:04

Greetings from Long Island....

I want to become proficient at RE investment. However I’m coming from a place of disadvantage I feel. I kinda want to poll the audience and see what y’all think, first about me and my financial past....

I'm going through a divorce and a possible foreclosure of the marital home as I can't afford to pay the mortgage by myself and she is unwilling to provide her share, not the point though, we have agreed to sell the house but a payment hasn't been made in almost a year, I've put deals together in the past for us and one way or another she ends up not signing and selling. I'm at peace with the fact that it may go into foreclosure and I may not be able to do anything about it because frankly it takes both of us to sell. Other than that, my credit report also has some delinquencies that I could pay off now and work toward erasing them, but they are also tied up in the divorce.

At the moment, the most appealing scenario to me is a BRRRR as I don't like the idea of the clock ticking on a flip, and a house hack isn't ideal as I'm already living in a house that isn't mine to hack.

Any thoughts and input is greatly appreciated

Loading replies...