Skip to content
Long Island Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Corica
  • mastic, NY
Votes |
What is the best strategy for an area with high property tax?

Matthew Corica
  • mastic, NY
Posted Feb 3 2018, 09:46

Hey guys I'm looking to start real estate investing and I'm trying to figure out what is the best route for long term success. I live in long island and the property taxes can be upwards around 400%-500% more than out of state when you compare similar properties. I want to start out investing in my local area first just to get a warm and fuzzy and then venture out into other states where the market may be a little more fruitful. So my question is, What is the best real estate investing method i.e fix and flip, Brrrr, rental, wholesale etc...? I do realize there is much more to this equation than just high property tax so here is a little bit of background information on me.

I currently own a house with little equity in it. I also own a rental but its not worth much maybe $80k but its paid off. I have ability to put 20% down on a $150K loan @5.5% 

I'm currently looking in the mastic area and surrounding towns.

If anyone is willing to give me some advice on this mater I would greatly appreciate it and I would be willing to meet up for lunch/coffee for any further guidance. Thanks 

Matt C

Loading replies...