Skip to content
Long Island Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Crawley
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Holbrook, NY
Votes |
Doing leases as an agent in Long Island?

Patrick Crawley
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Holbrook, NY
Posted May 1 2018, 18:36

So I've been told by more than one experienced agent/broker in LI that leases are hard to come by, however, agents like Graham Stephan (he's in LA, completely different market, so I understand that may apply in LA perfectly, but maybe not LI?) recommend that new agents start with leases because more experienced agents don't bother with them because of the smaller paycheck, it's a quicker paycheck to get a newbie interested (he mentions that many agents go several months with no listings and get very demotivated), and because one day those people you're helping rent will buy a house and they will more than likely use you if you're provided them value.

I am about to wrap up my license course and schedule my test, and I've been focusing all of my studies on listings because that's what I've been told is the creme de la creme of this business, however, if there is some oppurtunity in leases, I would like to learn more about it. I know plenty of B&H investors who rent and I'm currently renting, and rented through an agent, so I know there is some sort of market, I guess I'm just looking for any information experienced LI agents/brokers may have about the subject.

Thanks so much!

Loading replies...