Pro Member
  • Elmsford, NY
Votes |
New to Westchester/BP -- Looking to House Hack

Oscar Olivo
Pro Member
  • Elmsford, NY
Posted Oct 9 2019, 17:16

Hello BP! Pretty excited to start the real estate investment journey.

Just a quick blurb about myself. I work as an IT Architect by day, but am looking to make real estate investing my side hustle. As a newbie, looking to connect with other REIs in Westchester County, NY; however do have extended family in SE Michigan and Frederick County, MD and open to looking into property investments there as well.  I do have funds with which to invest outside of the state and also leverage SDIRA.

We recently sold our home in CT / Fairfield County and moved to Westchester County.  Love it here.  Currently renting in Elmsford to get familiar with the county and surrounding areas, setting up for a purchase. 

Looking through past posts re: Westchester, the consensus appears to be that for MFH, off-market is the way to go as pickings are slim on the MLS. The list prices do not provide anywhere near the recommended cash flow/ month.

Any thoughts from the pros on here?  Northern Westchester and across the bridge are options, however I agree with the previous posts suggesting areas that are closer to commuter train / NYC are more attractive for rentals.  

Let's connect!

Loading replies...