• Investor
  • Midlothian, VA
Votes |
Election is almost here

Account Closed#4 Coronavirus Conversation Contributor
  • Investor
  • Midlothian, VA
Posted Oct 12 2020, 10:43

These thoughts have nothing to do with political affiliation or preference so let us try to keep it civil. Plus, nobody really wants to hear it. 😊

We are a little more than 3 weeks away from the Presidential election in the US and I keep hearing people say “after the election” as if there is going to be a sudden significant change after November 3. I have thought about this and concluded that no matter who wins there will not be any significant economic change immediately.

I think the economy has built in for both possible solutions. I do believe that there are longer term consequences for different people and different parties being elected but that is not a can of worms I want to open right now.

I do believe that we could since consequences if there is not a defined winner on election night or shortly thereafter. Uncertainty that could drag on for a significant amount of time holds the potential for a negative effect. However, that was not the case in 2000 when the results where prolonged. Arguably we live in a society that is more divided which could bring additional factors into play.

The main point is not matter where you are in your business cycle, I do not see a major change one month from now. Hold strong and make your plans for a longer timeframe.

Loading replies...