• Investor
  • Midlothian, VA
Votes |
Those little moments that count.

Account Closed#4 Coronavirus Conversation Contributor
  • Investor
  • Midlothian, VA
Posted Jan 12 2021, 05:45

Someone who was very new to the business reached out to me today. They were nervous about a deal they were working on and wanted some advice. I had a few minutes and whenever I can I try to help people. Hoping to build up those Karma points. 😊 The deal was a pretty routine wholesale deal where the investor did not have much at risk, so it was easy to offer them some pointers which helped build up their confidence.

When the relatively brief phone call was over it got me thinking about how routine everything becomes. It is not unheard of for us to buy a house site unseen and all of the nerves have pretty much gone away over the years. I wonder if this is a good thing. Obviously, it could lead to getting too lax and doing something stupid but beyond that. When I used to get nervous about a deal it was exciting. That was part of what made Real Estate a great journey.

I think when Real Estate is new you can find yourself in a sense of euphoria. There is something to learn around every corner. The deals are fresh and exciting. The times when you could not sleep at night, while not fun in the moment, are remembered now with a sense of nostalgia.

We all hope to evolve in most aspects of our lives and if you are anything like me you are always looking towards the future. Do we need to find new adventure in life to keep us interested? Do we always need to try and think bigger, go for more, strive for something just out of reach? Sometimes little moments in our lives make us stop and ponder. I had one of those moments today.