• Investor
  • Midlothian, VA
Votes |
The times we are lied to

Account Closed#4 Coronavirus Conversation Contributor
  • Investor
  • Midlothian, VA
Posted Jan 25 2021, 09:33

I am lied to on a daily basis. Most of the time I can figure out what is really going on or at least figure out that I am not being told the truth. My question is what should I do with these people?

I guess we get so used to going into someone’s house and having them tell us a story that we instantly know is not accurate. We get phone calls from people trying to buy our houses who clearly do not have the ability. We hear excuses from contractors that range from little white lies to blatant fraud. It seems I experience this daily.

I normally just move on and do not let the person lying to me know I am not fooled. I just let it brush off my shoulders, accomplish what my immediate goal is, and move away from that person in the future. Is this the right approach? Should I be investing the energy to confront these people with their falsehoods? That sure seems like an unproductive use of my time. I just can not justify getting into an argument with someone who I plan on removing from my life.

I see it people who do not seem to have the ability to let it brush off their shoulders. They will engage with the nontruth teller. This leads to confrontation with arguments that I have seen get out of hand really quickly. The negative energy that is created in these engagements is huge and I would think it lingers with them for a long time. Maybe I am wrong though. Maybe the release is healthy and prevents an internal malignant build up.

Whichever way people choose to deal with dishonest individuals I think it is a reality that is this business you will run across them on a regular business. Just go to your local REIA meeting and you will see what I mean. 😊

Loading replies...