• Brookline, MA
Votes |
Fundrise?

Aaron Montague
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brookline, MA
Posted Dec 9 2013, 10:25

Has anyone else joined Fundrise, or any of the other Kickstarter-like RE sites?

If so, have you had any success raising or making money?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 30 2022, 10:39

Hi all- any updates or new thoughts about Fundrise as we move in 2023?

I'm considering moving forward with them and also looking into L5 Investments https://www.l5invest.com/. Have about $25k to invest into syndications as an unaccredited investor. Thanks.

User Stats

Votes
Alex Blackwood
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Jan 9 2023, 09:47

We are in the early innings of real estate investing becoming completely democratized. 

Similar to fundrise, there are platforms that give you all the benefits of real estate, including tax benefits. 

There is no one size fits all approach, so invest across a number of the platforms and find the one that works for you. 

Other competitors are roofstock, mogul.ooo, arrived homes and more!

I personally would recommend mogul.ooo, but then again, I might be a little biased.

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Becca F.
  • San Francisco Bay Area
Votes |
  • San Francisco Bay Area
Replied Mar 15 2023, 03:54
Quote from @Alex Blackwood:

We are in the early innings of real estate investing becoming completely democratized. 

Similar to fundrise, there are platforms that give you all the benefits of real estate, including tax benefits. 

There is no one size fits all approach, so invest across a number of the platforms and find the one that works for you. 

Other competitors are roofstock, mogul.ooo, arrived homes and more!

I personally would recommend mogul.ooo, but then again, I might be a little biased.

The original post was from 9 years ago. I had never even heard of Fundrise or Roofstock back then but I wasn't a real estate investor then. I'm also considering buying from Fundrise. I'm buying a few REITs targeting different types of real estate, retail (Realty Income: O) and apartment communities (Avalon Bay: AVB) (my reasoning being that a lot of people are renting, especially California where home prices are very high) and maybe Public Storage.

What other platforms give tax benefits like real estate?

User Stats

Votes
Enrica Binion
Votes |
Replied Mar 15 2023, 07:23

I've been with Fundrise for 4 years, set up auto-reinvestment, and have had about 52% ROI. You're getting great returns without the headaches of hands-on property management. I definitely recommend it.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 7 2023, 19:50

Yeah I have also been using Fundrise for a while and really love the product