Real Estate Technology

User Stats

Votes
Denise Carringer
Votes |
Mileage Tracker Recommendations?

Denise Carringer
Posted Jan 18 2023, 07:22

Hi! I'm looking for recommendations for the best mileage tracker. I've been trying MileIQ, but honestly, it's draining my battery and missing trips. Is that really my best option? Does anyone use a device that's connected to the car and not an app on their phone? Would love to hear your suggestions. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Lesley
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fort Collins, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fort Collins, CO
Replied Jan 22 2023, 12:00

Hey Denise, 

So I personally use the built in mileage tracker function on my quickbooks app on my phone where I can either manually track the trip or let the auto track feature do it, and then go back and categorize it as personal or business. Also, and I'm sure MileIQ is similar, I can set up the app to have common destinations auto categorize. For example I have it set to auto categorize the trip from my house to the grocery store I frequent as a personal trip so I don't have to manually do it. 

What's funny is, you specifically said you want something that doesn't drain your battery, and when I went to the app store to download the quickbooks app the promo video actually specifically stated it doesn't drain your battery. I used it yesterday to track several showings I was on with a client and didn't notice any abnormal draining, so maybe they're right! 😂

Also, I don't remember who, but I was listening to a biggerpockets podcast and someone had mentioned Everlance. Haven't personally used it but they had recommended it so maybe something to also look into.

Anyways, hope that helps 😊

User Stats

Votes
Phillip Austin
  • Property Manager
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Denver, CO
Replied Jan 23 2023, 08:31

@Ryan Lesley Thanks for sharing! I had the same question as @Denise Carringer. Had no idea Quickbooks offered that feature. I'll definitely check it out!

BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Lesley
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fort Collins, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fort Collins, CO
Replied Jan 23 2023, 08:35

@Phillip Austin yea its pretty convenient since I use QuickBooks for my bookkeeping and I don't have to export it over from some other tracker. It should be under Quick Actions in the App or by hitting the Menu button in the lower right of the app and hitting the Mileage button. 

Cheers! 

User Stats

Votes
Markus Shobe
  • Accountant
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Accountant
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Jan 26 2023, 09:35

I use the Quickbooks mileage tracker on the app. It really saves a lot of time during tax time. 

User Stats

Votes
Denise Carringer
Votes |
Replied Feb 5 2023, 08:02

Thank you so much for these responses! I don't use Quickbooks right now, but I'm getting to the point that my google spreadsheets just aren't cutting it. Maybe I'll look into Quickbooks. Does it work well for both LTR and STR?