Skip to content
Real Estate Technology

User Stats

Votes
Blue Presley
  • Investor
  • Gastonia, NC
Votes |
What technology do you think the flipping community needs?

Blue Presley
  • Investor
  • Gastonia, NC
Posted May 16 2016, 08:33

For 20 years I've worked in the IT industry creating Web, mobile app, and software technologies with a heavy focus on helping real estate agents have mobile, responsive websites to list their properties. I'd like to transition into real estate investment, and that's the reason I'm part of the BP community.

But, I'm curious.. for those who are already engaged in RE investment, what tools or technologies do you think the industry could use and benefit from that doesn't really exist yet?

For example, I see a lot of flipping calc spreadsheets.. Indeed I've bought a few of them myself, and they've gone a long way to help me get organized and be precise in my estimating / deals. But, these are spreadsheets, and nothing really exists (that I can find) that's accessible on the web and suitable for use on all devices (responsive).  Sure there are things like the analysis tools like we find here on BP, but nothing comprehensible or customizable.. So, I see an opportunity for a SAAS application so that investors can keep all their estimates and management tools in one place, accessible from anywhere on their phone, tablet, laptop, or otherwise..

Another idea is a listing site specifically for deals (a place where wholesalers and others can list). I entertain deals throughout my state, but, we have so many MLS sites that finding professionals who are a part of that market and then working with them seems convoluted.

What do you think? Those are just examples. I'd love to know what your pain points are as you engage in flipping or renting and how technology could help alleviate those issues.

Loading replies...