• Chicago, IL
Votes |
real estate software

Josh Jacobson
  • Accountant
  • Chicago, IL
Posted May 4 2017, 16:22

Hello!

My name is Josh Jacobson and I work as an analyst in commercial real estate in Chicago. Throughout my career, I've noticed a lack of technology that aides in real estate tracking and analytics even up to the private equity and REIT level. I've recently made the jump into "retail" real estate investing and have noticed a lack of software devoted to financial analysis. I know Bigger Pockets has their great calculators but I still think the industry lacks in that department. I think a software/application where you can have access to your portfolio metrics to lead you to better decisions about leases to sign, rents to offer, mortgages to pay down or renovations to complete would greatly help me. The software would allow you to view metrics such as yields, internal rate of returns and projected/realized cash flows of your investments not just as individual assets but as a portfolio. Further, the software would be able to aggregate information from other users to provide comparable analytics in different areas for things like rents or finishes. I would love a way to put numbers behind my "educated" decisions retail investors make. Anyone have any thoughts? Please share your thoughts on the thread or DM me if you have any personal interest!

Thanks,

Josh

Loading replies...