• Rental Property Investor
  • Cranford, NJ
Votes |
Website and Social Media tips for investors, syndicators, lenders

Graig C.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Cranford, NJ
Posted May 19 2017, 20:30

My wife is a very talented graphic designer and business owner.  As I grow my business I have picked her brain for the must have vs the optional with respect to website and social media.  Below are some tips I hope readers find useful (let me know).

1. Branding

A company logo provides a lot of value as you build a business.  Sites like Fiverr and Deluxe offer inexpensive packages for website, favicons, letterhead, social media, etc.

2. Website

Anyone can setup a site nowadays.  By utilizing sites like Wix, WordPress and SquareSpace, you can use templates and quickly get your site live.  Remember that your site can grow over time.  It doesn't have to have 10 sub-pages out of the gate.

Along with the site content, having a custom email tied to your site domain tells your stakeholders you mean business.

It is important to be organized when creating a site.  Below are some concepts you can dig into further:

1. Sitemap - this step is to list and organize what elements you want on your site.  Picture an org chart for a comparison.
  2. Wireframe - layout and navigation with more visual detail of the draft site.  

3. Email Marketing

If you do have a domain for your site and email, this is so you can format html emails, monitor subscriptions and ensure pics are included instead of getting attached and possibly blocked.

AWeber, Mail Chimp and Campayn are some leaders in this space.

more to come....

Loading replies...