Account Closed
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
What do you look at on Zillow?

Account Closed
  • Minneapolis, MN
Posted Nov 10 2017, 06:47

Hi folks,

I'm not sure how common this is, but as I've been searching for my first house-hack in Minneapolis, MN, I've been taking all of the relevant MLS listings that are forwarded to me each day and then pasting the address into Zillow to view things like the Zestimate, # bed/bath, property taxes, comps, etc.

As a computer science student, after a few weeks I started to think there might be an easier way to do this and began to look at Zillow's API. This tool would allow me to take a list of addresses and automatically create a spreadsheet that, for every address, would contain every piece of information Zillow has available on it. This means that instead of manually copying and pasting all of these addresses and then clicking through Zillow's site, I could just have a script run every day that automatically takes the list of addresses and gives me a spreadsheet that gathers all of this info and does analysis on the numbers.

So my question is, does that seem like a tool that would be useful to the community? If so, what sort of information from Zillow would be useful to include in the spreadsheet? 

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...