• Manhattan, NY
Votes |
Personal Finance/Budget tracking App

Masashi Borges-Silva
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Manhattan, NY
Posted Apr 15 2018, 20:26

Do you have any recommendation for a budget/personal finance app?  

I am shopping around for an app that gives me a visualization of how my budget is doing.  I would consider paying a small ($5~$20) monthly subscription fee if the offered features make sense for the cost.

Background:

I have been using Mint to keep track of my financial traffic. I have my saving, checking, 401k, investment (acorn), and credit card accounts tracking in Mint. Currently, I don't have any REI account, but hopefully I will soon so I would like this app to be able to keep track of REI as well. I know that Mint can keep track of how I am doing based on the budget I make, but it seems not very clear to me how Mint is categorizing activities in accounts.

For example, I have an automatic withdraw from my checking account to an online saving account.  Mint defines the transaction in checking account is in negative and positive for the saving account.  I assume that the net cash flow would be zero since the transaction is just simply moving one account to another and unlike bills, it is a saving account rather than an expense.  So I don't really trust "income/outcome" numbers presented in Mint and I would love this app to be able to show my net worth, cash flow, auto budgeting based on my income/expenses, financial advise based on my budgeting/income/expenses.

I like the idea of putting my budget in autopilot mode, an feature provided in Pocketguard.  I also like analytical information provided in Personal Capital.

I would love to know if you have any recommendation or thoughts on a financial tracker app.

Thank you!

Loading replies...