• Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Denver, NC
Votes |
Tenants with no rental history

Andy DeFruscio
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Denver, NC
Posted Mar 30 2014, 13:56

I am new to this so please forgive me if this was discussed elsewhere but I searched and could not find anything. I have two duplex's right next to each other and for the last year and a half, the tenants have all been amazing. A tenant just moved out and I am looking for a new tenant. I was wondering what people's opinions were about renting to young people with no rental history. I have two young girls that would like to rent. I have not gotten their applications back yet but I literally just met them at the property. One girl works at a restaurant, and the other is working part time and going to school part time (and pregnant). The girl going to school receives social security checks since her mom died when she was younger. My wife thinks they will be great as long as their income and jobs check out. I am a little nervous because they both currently live with family and on top of that, the last thing I need is a couple young party girls coming in and upsetting all the other great tenants. I know this may be a little premature since I have not even gotten their applications back yet but I was wondering what people thought. Thanks!

Loading replies...