Fort Wayne rental application

3 Replies

I'm finished renovating one of 2 units in my first duplex, and starting to look for and screen for potential tenants. Does anybody have a solid lease application and screening process they'd recommend? Also I want to rent it asap to a quality tenant and was wondering the best method or free site to advertise it. My goal is to have it rented hopefully within the next 2-3 weeks, especially since my wife is due to have our first baby in less than 5 wee

Way to go @Peter Fennig . Good luck on getting a good tenant. Go online to craigs list to get an idea of what rent is going for. I still use newspaper as well, but I understand it's not used much in some places now. I have rental agreements but, due to differences from state to state and my area is very rural I would suggest you get a local rental agreement. Feel free to post your generals on your applicants for us to review.

I would tell applicants you are just taking applications, do not just say sure here it is, it's yours. Take the time and be picky, even if it has to sit empty awhile.

@Chris Adams is nearby, perhaps he can help you out with some forms.

Hi Peter

Congrats on the duplex and I wish you and your wife the best with your new baby.

I am not in the Ft Wayne market. I live and invest in Warsaw IN about 45 mins west of you. I find Craigslist works great for advertising when I have vacant units. For tenant screening I use Smart Move it is very convenient. Tenants can log in and input all of their sensitive personal information and Smart Move will make recommendations based on how well potential tenants match up with criteria you select for each address.

If you need a blank lease copy or anything more information feel free to ask.

I appreciate all the info guys, and think that we wanna try our hand at property managing ourselves for the first bit. I checked out and signed up for smart move Chris Adams, and appreciate that info. If there is any chance u could email me a copy of that blank lease copy, that would be awesome. Sorry about the long time it took me to get back, I wasn't receiving notifications to my phone of new emails until I checked my bp acc

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here