Evictions - seasonal or random?

4 Replies

Does anyone know if evictions occur with greater frequency in certain times of the year? For example, are evictions more common in warmer/summer months than in winter months? 

My property manager and I were discussing this, and me having my first two evictions occur at the same time in two different cities this month, I'm somewhat curious about the eviction stats. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi @Matt Castle  

I have had 2 evictions in last 3+ years, so don't really have a trend, but I would think that the evictions would be higher around and after the holiday season, because people tend to spend more money than they can really afford for holiday shopping and the they forget the importance of paying rent on time.

Just my guess.

Sharad

Medium logoSharad M., REsimpli | [email protected] | 619‑786‑3482 | http://reSimpli.com | Podcast Guest on Show #155

Does your court post this information?

Bad tenant season seems to run year round for me. :)

February to April seem better some of delinquents catch up with their tax refund.  

@Mark B.

I know the courts publish it, but it's a matter of datamining years of material, which I didn't want to do. Was hoping someone already had the info on a national level. 

In speaking with my property manager, she said "40-50% of my clients are late this month" so it got me thinking if tenants have tax return troubles, spent too much on vacations, etc., etc. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you