Accepting On-Line Payments

18 Replies

Does anyone have experience or a recommendation for a service that will allow tenants to pay their rent electronically instead of with a check?

I came across dwolla from a search and it looks pretty low cost to use it. I'm just wondering what experience others may have with this or other services.

I use WilliamPaid.com and it is free to tenant and me if they do direct deposit

@Jeff Lubeski  

There have been many threads about what to use

http://beta.biggerpockets.com/forums/52/topics/795...

http://beta.biggerpockets.com/forums/52/topics/128...

Brie Schmidt, Real Estate Agent in Illinois (#471.018287) and Wisconsin (#57846-90)

@Jeff Lubeski  

You may also find this link to be helpful in your evaluation of alternatives.

http://www.biggerpockets.com/rei/pay-rent-online-payment-tools/

I just started using Popmoney.com. So far, so good. It costs the tenant a nominal feel.

I bank with chase and use their chase quickpay system

https://www.chase.com/online-banking/quickpay

I have been using erentpayment.com with my tenants who do not have checking accounts. They can use their debit cards (but not a credit card). This has been working well. It's a $3 per transaction fee. I'm OK with that since the alternative is cash payments.

Shera Gregory

I use erentpayments also.  I have it set up where it drafts my tenant every month.  it is so easy and no trips to PO Box looking for checks.  So far ,no issues.  As @Shera Gregory   said, I'm fine with paying $3 and not having to worry about collecting rent.

This post has been removed.

Hopefully you have more to contribute to this site than pitching your own company @Ryan Grothe  .....

15 posts of the same so far.

@Brandon Hicks  

You beat me to that post.  The spamming alone makes me not even look the company up or care what they do... Resurrecting a post from June lol

@Brandon Hicks

@ Bryan Neal

I'm sorry, but I am not.  I am a landlord and I always run into problems payment issues and options for quite some time.  I am also a Home Mortgage Consultant and have clients that are looking for answers as well.  I have used forums in the past, when dealing with evictions, and I appreciated any input that I received.  My apologies.

@Ryan Grothe  

I hope you do have more to contribute and stick around. BP is great!

Originally posted by @Ryan Grothe :

@Brandon Hicks

@ Bryan Neal

I'm sorry, but I am not.  I am a landlord and I always run into problems payment issues and options for quite some time.  I am also a Home Mortgage Consultant and have clients that are looking for answers as well.  I have used forums in the past, when dealing with evictions, and I appreciated any input that I received.  My apologies.

You also happen to be the Senior VP of the rentpaid company you're promoting according to your profile. 

I am @Kyle J.   but my experience is why I posted.  I thought any landlord would understand but maybe I'm the only one who appreciates saving time with automatic payments, avoiding costly fees, and eliminating extra paper work.  Time is money.  

Originally posted by @Ryan Grothe :

I am @Kyle J.  but my experience is why I posted.  I thought any landlord would understand but maybe I'm the only one who appreciates saving time with automatic payments, avoiding costly fees, and eliminating extra paper work.  Time is money.  

I'm sure you have a lot of valuable experience from reading your profile, and many of us could likely learn from it if you decide to contribute/share in a meaningful way. I think what people are taking issue with is that you just joined today and all you've done so far is post a dozen or more comments promoting your company. Not only does that violate this site's rules, but it's also generally considered spam. 

If you're going to make a post promoting your website, it should probably be prefaced with the disclaimer that you're the Senior VP there so people don't mistake it for an unbiased CUSTOMER review. That's all we're saying. 

Welcome to the site and hope you stick around. 

Paypal will let people send payments to you online. There is a small fee for the service. This will allow them to use credit and debit cards, as well as, their checking account to pay you.

I would worry about chargebacks with paypal, unless it was sent as 'gift'. I've had several scammers file chargebacks for ebay transactions. PP has always sided with them and they kept the item they bought. Although it may be different if someone is paying rent, but I'd make sure before accepting it.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you