Property Manager interview

3 Replies

I am supposed to do a property manager interview for my property management class. So I was told I can do it in person, by phone, or email. So I will just post the questions for the interview here and I will use the best answers. Thanks so much!

1.) How long have you been a property manager?

2.) What first sparked your interest to get into real estate?

3.) How many properties do you manage and what size are they?

4.) What is your favorite part about managing properties?

5.) Do you own any of your own properties? If so what type of property?

6.) As a property manager what advise do you give others who are striving to be property managers as well?

7.) What would you be doing if you were not managing property?

8.) What is your long term goal for managing property?

9.) What is one of your worst encounters while managing a property?

10.) what are the best types of properties to manage as a free lance property manager? Why are these properties better than others?

Thanks for your time. I really appreciate it. This is worth 25% of my class grade.

I have been managing properties for over 20 years. 

It started from buying my own properties then I noticed there was know competent management companies around. 

We manage single family, condo, multi units. Avg amount of doors managed 100

I have two fav's  one is kicking folks out who deserve it and renting to folks who are good people and just need a break.

We own singles, and 4 units and are down to are last 6.

Be ready for long hrs and have a tough heart or you will be burned more often then not.

Setting on a 45ft catamaran in the BVI

To sell the management to someone else 

I would say my worst would be walking in to a apart that we just took over from another group were the small children were sleep in dog (@@#$^^SH) and there were maggots in the sink. 

There is really know one property better then another, it comes down to the people who you rent to. I prefer renting to Sec 8, because they have your rules to follow and sec 8's. 

Beside them I would say First time renters, They do not have bad habits yet. 

If you end up needing more I would be happy to talk by phone. Just reach out.

thanks a lot sidney I really appreciate your time. Good answers!

@Colby Jack Miles ..Also consider asking for referrals..found out about PM in the area that was doing shady business and keeping money of unsuspecting owners....

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.