• Landlord
  • Woodland Hills, CA
Votes |
First Time Evicting - Mixed Feelings

Anne A.
  • Landlord
  • Woodland Hills, CA
Posted Jul 2 2014, 15:43

Long, frustrating story, the specifics of which I don't feel comfortable posting online, but we have a family renting our property (nice neighborhood, $800k home). They've been there for about 2 1/2 years. We told them in February that we were putting the property up for sale and gave them a 60-day notice.

Because of financial issues, they've been unable to move and have been stalling us for months. Their final 60-day notice ends on Monday. They've asked me for 60 more days and promise they'll definitely move at that time. I don't think they will.

Because they're a pretty nice family and, they say, no where to go, I feel like if we evict them, not only will it add to their financial/credit issues, but it will put them in a terrible situation. Having said that, though, I also feel like I shouldn't be the one worrying about their financial situation. I also feel we've been more than accommodating by giving them more than 120 days to vacate.

We're going to make a decision today on whether to evict or extend another 60 days. 

Any words of advice from experience to make me feel better? ;)

Loading replies...