• Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Cookeville, TN
Votes |
Tenant-buyer wants "fairness"

Bryan L.
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Cookeville, TN
Posted Jul 30 2014, 06:03

I've copied a facebook conversation below. This is the only renter or TB that I am friends with on FB - I normally don't do that. But, with this one it has given me some insight into their spending habits. The background to this is that I recently turned their account over to a property manager. And when I did, I increased their payment by $50 per month to cover my costs to the PM. Here's their response and my response below. I can't believe that she thinks I'm not "fair". If she wants's fairness, she would be out on the friggin streets.

Tenant-Buyer: Hey it's Joe, I was wondering why we are paying an extra fifty a month, if it's to cover your cost how is that fair for us to have to pay it?

My Reply: I'm sorry to have to increase your payment, but that's what my business partner required me to do. And, Here's how it's fair. You all are actually behind by over $1000. And you've been behind many times, and I've never charged you a late fee. When you get behind, it's a huge head-ache on me to keep track of it. And it stresses me out - a lot. And it causes me great difficulty to make my payment to my bank on the loan that I have on the house. And I don't need the stress in my life, so I turned your account over to a property manager. And that costs me more money. So, it's not fair to me to incur additional cost when the reason for those costs are because you all get behind from time to time. It's also not fair to me to be waiting on you all to catch up with your payments to me, when you all have the money to go to the beach on vacation and to build a nice new deck around your pool. I really didn't want this reply to sound mean, but I hope that you can understand. Also, the original land-contract that y'all signed with me had built-in payment increases after the 2nd or 3rd year (which you agreed to), which I also never enforced until now. When you can get a bank loan and pay me off, your payment should go down at that time.

Loading replies...