How could you find a home owners phone#/email w/ just an address??

4 Replies

One of my tenants was bit by the neighbors dog this week. The dog chewed through the fence in the yard that belongs to the neighbor.  I would like to call the owners of this property to fix it so the dog can not come onto my property anymore. Is there anyway to find the owners phone number with just the house address? This property is 3 hours away, so I would prefer to do this over phone or email.

I would either search facebook for the owner or http://www.whitepages.com/reverse_address.

Did your neighbor report the incident to the police?  If so, they may be able to locate the owner of the property.  Also, try the municipal office.  Many counties require landlords to register their property as a "rental" and/or have the owners info for property tax collection.  They may be able to provide you with contact info.

Old fashion way, see if your area has the City Directory, at the library probably. It's a phone book that has cross references of numbers and addresses or addresses and numbers. It gives employment and business owners as well. Very useful publication, it may be on line, been awhile since I needed it but you subscribed to get the annual publications. :)

Google would be my first step

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here