Creative Ways To Get A Property Rented...What do you think?

5 Replies

You left out Section 8 (via the local Housing Authority). Plus there are other community groups that offer housing assistance (for example for mental health patients, and for sober houses). 

Don't forget places of worship. 

If you are into poaching, you can try leaving a flyer on windshields in apartment complexes. 

A sign in front of the house always seems to work for me. 

I would make a slideshow, put some fun and upbeat music to it and post it on YouTube. This will do a few things. First everyone looking at a house has a smart phone and they will be able to get the "full tour" before even calling you for more information (which will also weed out all the lookers). Secondly it will track how many people are actually watching the video in order to see how much interest you have on your house. You can include this link in flyers, emails, ads, etc. It has worked great for us!!

I like the Video idea....content is always more important than method. I think you should say "no evictions" or "no evictions in the last two years" or "no cats" etc to help save you and the tenants time screening calls.

Word of month

Stage the property for awesome marketing photos, then hold an open house.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you