Lead Paint Signature Page

3 Replies

Hi, I am renting my unit, I have the lead paint disclosure brochure (the EPA website provides it) but what do you all do for a signature page indicating I gave the tenant the brochure.  Is there an official page to sign?  I have been unable to find one.

Thanks, 

Ian 

In Rhode Island there is a lead paint disclosure form where you add what you disclosed  and you can also put it in the lease that they received the brochure and have them initial it.  You can look on your state real estate web page for one too.

It's part of my rental agreement - that way all signatures are in one place. It's a pretty standard inclusion - most ready-to-use forms have it in there, since it's required by the Feds. 

This is a section of our rental agreement addressing various disclosures:

Disclosures: Tenant acknowledges that Landlord has made the following disclosures regarding the premises:

a.Disclosure of Information on Lead-Based Paint and/or Lead-Based Paint Hazards (handout)

b.Disclosure of Mold (handout)

c.Disclosure of Smoke Detector (handout)

d.Radon gas is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that, when it has accumulated in a building in sufficient quantities, may present health risks to persons who are exposed to it over time. The premise has not been tested for radon gas. Additional information regarding radon and radon testing may be obtained from the county public health department.

e.Water Heater: Tenant affirms that at move in, hot water heater is set not higher than 120 degrees Fahrenheit (49 degrees Celsius) in full compliance with the law. Tenant has inspected water heater.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here