Finding renters ?

9 Replies

hey another question from a newbie, just wanted to know what are best ways in finding tenants for your buy and hold property? I'm in the New York era but it don't matter where you are from just want all the advice I can get. 

1) postlets

2) Craigslist

3) sign in front of the house

To be honest Postlets is usually good enough and the best part is it is free! :)

Advertise on Rental Websites. Since so many people use the internet, it is a great way to reach the masses. Sites such as Craigslist  allow you to list your rental property based on location, making it easily searchable. There are many state specific sites where you can advertise your property. Gardenstateapartments, for example, caters to the New Jersey market. You can do an online search to find a site that targets your particular area.

Advertise on Local Bulletin Boards. Put up flyers in the community where your property is located. Or you can list your property with a Realtor in your area. 

Craigslist is the best source, and its free

Yard sign has been the best for me.  Craigslist is also good but attracts prospects from all over the towns and country.

Frank

I had great success with Postlets as well( www.postlets.com ).  It is also free and posts to a number of real estate sites including Hotpads, zillow and trulia.  I just used it to find a tenant for my rental in West Orange and found someone within 10 days.

Anthony,

Could you provide me, as a guide, one of your postlets that you used to advertise your property? Thank you.

There are websites such as rent.com and Craigslist that would be helpful.  However, as our rentals aren't in the same areas as we are, our property managers find our tenants.

Postlets

Craig's List

Rent Bits ($109)

If you are priced right, you only need one.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here