What are some good management companies in Tulsa, OK?

2 Replies

I want a good management company that not only manages my properties well and with integrity, but who I can also rely on as a source of investment advice. For example, I could ask them whether a potential property is worth investing in based on their knowledge of rent prices, growth, and crime in the area. 

Also, I know many investors don't recommend management companies. Why though? I'm wanting to buy my first property soon and I'm trying to consider every angle. The pros I've heard for management companies are: they help get quality tenants, they handle the minor maintenance issues, and they can help you buy properties wisely (like in my example above).

I would recommend Real Property Management Tulsa. I know it's a biased answer because I own the company, but we have been investing for 8 years and manage not only our portfolio but about 300 other rentals in Tulsa. We are a nation wide company but locally owned. We come across great deals all the time that either we purchase or pass along to our clients. We manage our own properties the same way we manage our clients properties. We have a great knowledge of the market and what properties will rent for.

Hey Brett

I would recommend another local company called Home Finders, it is a leasing and management company. I was doing my research on Tulsa Property Management companies when I was turned on to this company and after comparing them to others, I chose Home Finders. They have some of the better rates and they are not such a huge operation that you are just a number to them but at the same time they are not a small starter company either. I have not personally used them yet, but I refereed my sister and brother-in-law to them and they absolutely love them! I met with the property manager, Luke Westerfield when I was putting in offers on rental properties and I had a good feeling about him and his company so when my sister asked my recommendation I sent them to Luke and they have been thrilled. Not only do they get their rents on time now, but they are getting higher rents. They do not have a bad word to say about the company, I will be using them myself as soon as I find a property. Here is their info:

www.homes-tulsa.com

918-665-0212

As far as other investor's saying to "not use PM' Companies. It is just their preference mostly because they can make a little more by saving on their fees. My opinion of it was that, it may cost me a little bit more each month but I don't know the business of property management as well as a business that does Property Management Full-time does. So to avoid getting that "Professional Tenant" and losing everything I have worked for right away, I opted to seek out a PM company. Maybe later on after I have more experience I will consider taking that part over but for now, I will leave it to the professionals. 

Good luck in your PM search and I hope this helps.

Take care and Merry Christmas

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.