Best screening services?

9 Replies

I am looking for a screening service that will not only do background/credit/evictions, but also job and reference checks from former landlords.  Most of these I am seeing are simply background checks with optional credit checks and such.  Any suggestions?

I use http://www.myrental.com/products

They have different prices depending on what you want.

I call landlords myself.  I prefer the one before the last landlord for a better reading.  I also call the job and try to speak with the people there.

This post has been removed.

I use myrental.com as well. 

I will have to look at the myrental.com

Thanks

What about the screening service Biggerpockets has in the resource tab? 

I will give it a try first.  The format seems very simple and based on this site I am sure I will like it.

Try http://www.rentprep.com/, i have not use it, but know a lot of people recommends it.

Originally posted by @Brian Johnson :

What about the screening service Biggerpockets has in the resource tab? 

I will give it a try first.  The format seems very simple and based on this site I am sure I will like it.

That's just Credit with a little background check info thrown in for good measure, and requires your tenant to enter his own SSN.

For the small landlord I think you're better off doing it yourself. We have it as a service we offer to Property Managers but it's a whole call center and can get quite expensive pretty quickly.

I was recommended to mysmartmove.com and i havent used it yet but will with in the next month or so. Has anybody else used this site?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.